"The General Manager of Your Universe" book by our very own Intuitive Jamie - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-01-2011, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Intuitive Jamie just published a fantastic looking book called The General Manager of Your Universe.  It is currently available on ebook format, or pdf.  It will be available in book form at a later date.

I've gotten to know Jamie through her excellent intuitive readings and really appreciate her outlook on life.  I kind of view her as my life coach.  smile.gif

Within the next 24 hours I'm going to get the book and I would love to talk to other mamas about it.  I'm also going to invite Jamie to the discussion, which should add some extra zest and love. 

Here is a link to her site about the book, and a link to an interview that can give you more of an idea about what the book is about (although I believe her site does a good job also.)

http://thegeneralmanagerofyouruniverse.com/

http://theorganicsister.com/jamie-roth-and-the-general-manager-of-the-universe/

Hope we can get a discussion going that will inspire all of us to take charge of our lives.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#2 of 13 Old 02-02-2011, 06:36 AM

I read the book yesterday! Couldn't put it down. It's excellent and I'm really looking forward to chatting with others about it! {{hugs}}

namaste.gif

Angie

#3 of 13 Old 02-02-2011, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

I got the book, but am having a hard time getting it on my old ipod touch.  I might need to just print it out, which would be fine.

#4 of 13 Old 02-03-2011, 07:35 AM

I am going to try to read it, it sounds good and I need some positive inspiration.

#5 of 13 Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 AM

Bookcover.jpg

Chapter One of "The General Manager of Your Universe" talks about taking responsibility. Responsibility for YOU!

In the exact words of the author, Jamie Roth:clap.gif

"The world is not responsible for you; you’re responsible for your world."

There is a lot of truth and meaning behind that quote. Repeat it to yourself and jot down what it really means to you. You'll be surprised that you may come up with several interpretations. And really, that's what this book is all about!

You will find that this *reality check* of a resource is filled with in depth information. You'll be able to read it several times and get something different from it each time.

So, for those who have read chapter one, would you like to share what you took away from it?

For those of you whom have not yet purchased the book, please share with us what the above quote means to you. I sincerely  love everything about this book! So it's hard for me to just pick one thing from this chapter to talk about. But the quote:

"Be accountable able at all times"

really is powerful to me. It reminds me that I need to really be aware of my actions at all times. It also reminds me that I need to take the necessary steps to change the things that I am not happy with.

When you are open and honest with yourself, it's then that you will be able to make changes. But to constantly place blame on others for your voids and/or unhappiness, that's not being accountable for your actions. hide.gif

I will be adding more to this conversation. For now I will go and hang out with my little men! bouncy.gifROTFLMAO.gif

Feel free to jump into the conversation!

namaste.gif

Ang

#6 of 13 Old 02-03-2011, 03:06 PM

I'm so excited to see this thread!  I have not read the book yet but I am planning on doing so soon!  I just wanted to drop in and say that I'm following along with this thread.  I will be back soon to add more.  

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

#7 of 13 Old 02-03-2011, 04:22 PM

I've heard a lot about her book and excited to read it myself! Anyone know what the best format for an iPad would be? PDF?

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#8 of 13 Old 02-03-2011, 05:19 PM

One of my favorite quotes from Chapter 1:

"She understands the importance of making herself a priority and makes sure her own needs are met in order to meet the needs of those around her."

This is what I am having trouble with - I keep trying to help others first and it's not working.

Kristine, I don't know which format but when you buy the book on Smashwords, you can view it in all formats.

#9 of 13 Old 02-03-2011, 09:58 PM

Figured it out! ePub version works wonderfully on the iPad!

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#10 of 13 Old 02-05-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

What I liked about the first chapter and what Angie quotes is that responsibility goes onto your shoulders, and rather than seeing that as a difficult or bad thing, you can see it as empowering.  You are the one who can make the decisions, the changes  --- you are the one with the power. You don't need to wait for a peers ok about something.

It changes your approach to life from passive to active  -- and that is powerful and fun.

#11 of 13 Old 02-05-2011, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

I liked what Jamie was talking about with regards to emotions.

"You're also responsible for your emotions and it's your job to find healthy ways to manage them.  Emotions are often our guides, telling us what is in or out of alignment in our lives.  They help us become aware of what we may need to focus more attention on within our lives.  Emotions can also be a symptom of something else.  So pay attention to them and use the wisdom they bring.  They're not something to be avoided.  Emotions are wonderful clues to the inner you and it's important to understand that you can and should assume responsibility for your emotions.  They can either control you, or you can learn to understand and use them to express yourself competently.

Being responsible for your emotions means understanding what's causing them in the first place.  For example if you are struggling with anger issues, you'll want to explore and learn what triggers your anger response.  Then you either avoid your triggers if possible or work to maintain your composure when are triggered."

There are two things I took from this passage.

When I was a new mother struggling those first few years with an intense sweet boy, I found I kept falling back on learned behavior of anger.  I was beyond exhausted and climbing out of ppd, and I just didn't know how to stop being angry.  It wasn't like that all of the time, but I felt it more than I wished.  I understood why I was responding with a tight jaw and then lashing out -- it was exactly what I saw as a child----but it was my responsibility to break that cycle.  It took a while for me to make a plan. I recognized that if I could break that tightness, often I could avoid the anger response. First I would recognize the tightness after it happened.  Then I could recognize when it was happening.  What I did was stick my tongue between my teeth.  My tongue prevented my body from tightening my jaw.  Eventually, I was able to anticipate my frustration and stick that tongue out.  I am proud to say that most of the time, my initial response to frustration is no longer anger.  That is huge for me.

I now have three amazing children, my youngest is 3 months old. Anger is not my first emotion but I certainly experience depression.  Again, I am climbing out of ppd.  It is not easy and I'm not quite sure what this experience is guiding me toward, except looking at it through my biochem glasses.  (I clearly need more serotonin)  This is the journey I am on now.  What is happening to me to cause this?

Actually more important than analyzing my ppd is my general outlook on life.  I am a person full of Love, patience, smiles, cuddles, peace (overall I'm a pretty cool person), but I don't have the joy in my life that I would like.  I feel heavy with emotions, a bit burdened and always a bit sad -- kind of in a undercurrent sort of way.  I don't laugh very often. So the most important thing I am taking from this passage is that I am responsible for my emotions and I want to understand why am this way and what I can do to lighten me up.  I think this is going to be an interesting journey of discovery and I plan on finding me giggling and joking at the end.

#12 of 13 Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 AM

Firewithin, I am having trouble with getting angry easily too. Also I just don't feel happy a lot of the time, I'm not sure why, except it seems to be something within me, rather than something outside.  Trying to break the cycle of eating chocolate or sugar to cheer myself up, hoping a healthier diet will help.

#13 of 13 Old 02-07-2011, 02:05 PM

I just found out that you can rate and review the book! If you have purchased and read "The General Manager of Your Universe" please take the time to go here:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/39956

and leave your feedback for the author. :)

Ang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page