Fellowship of the Ring-Book Club Discussion/Activity ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2011, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My Book Club (made up of 6 of my close friends) is reading Fellowship of the Ring & I am up for leading our group discussion this time around.  I have never read it, but have seen the movie (it's been awhile) & am looking for any ideas for our meeting.  I am only 30 pages in or so & our meeting is in a week...lots of reading to do! 

We are somewhat laid back, do dinner, drinks, dessert & catch up on our lives & the kids briefly, but since we see eachother somewhat often, we do focus on the book & enjoy good in depth discussions or activities.

I feel like I am not great at leading & am just thinking maybe someone here, familiar with Tolkien, might have a great idea or a link to a fantastic reader's guide or anything like that...I'll do my normal search for guides online but you mama's are always so insightful.

TIA!

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry.  No help.  I thought this thread was about reading this book as an MDC book club. LOL

Good luck with your group.  I keep checking these books out at the library and never reading them before they're due. 

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

Tags
Book Clubs
User Tag List