I just finished the Half-Blood Prince - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-23-2007, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a little slow-I just decided to read the HP books this year. I finished #6 today and I feel shell shocked. I am trying to decide if I need to take a break before moving on to #7. I don't see how she could possibly fix this mess in one book though I also don't know how it could get worse. Although, I thought after I read Order of the Phoenix it couldn't get any worse. She sure showed me...

Laura, CBE and mom to Maddiewaterbirth.jpg ( 06/03/04) & Graceuc.jpg (  09/10/06)

#2 of 6 Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM

i read 5, 6, and 7 in a row. i couldn't imagine finishing 6 and not jumping rite into 7! the only thing that made me not want to read 7 was knowing that this was the last time i would be starting a new HP book!

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#3 of 6 Old 01-08-2008, 02:05 AM

ahhh, a virgin. How lovely. How I delighted in re-reading every word just before Dealthy Hallows was released. I envy you your travels. Read it!
#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue butterfly View Post
i read 5, 6, and 7 in a row. i couldn't imagine finishing 6 and not jumping rite into 7! the only thing that made me not want to read 7 was knowing that this was the last time i would be starting a new HP book!
: it made me so sad knowing the story was over. i have been having weird HP dreams lately.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
#5 of 6 Old 01-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeBirthGirl View Post
I'm a little slow-I just decided to read the HP books this year. I finished #6 today and I feel shell shocked. I am trying to decide if I need to take a break before moving on to #7. I don't see how she could possibly fix this mess in one book though I also don't know how it could get worse. Although, I thought after I read Order of the Phoenix it couldn't get any worse. She sure showed me...
Oh, jump right into book #7! Jo really wraps things up well, IMO.

#6 of 6 Old 01-16-2008, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
She doesn't wrap up EVERY loose end, but she wraps up enough of them.

I'm glad I had the experience of being part of the HP fan community when HBP came out, to join in with others speculating what might happen, re-reading and looking between the lines of all 6 books for hints of what might be coming in the last book.

When I first finished HBP, I was all "OMG, Snape is evil!!!" and then I read and reread between the lines and thought "hmm, maybe he's NOT evil afterall... but I can't be sure, and maybe it's all just wishful thinking and he really is a bad guy." You have the opportunity to read the last book right away and find out for certain, without having to wait two whole years to read the conclusion!

So it's up to you- do you want to find out how this ends, or do you want to let it all digest a while first and try to savor it longer? It's a shame the long HBP thread is no longer here- you'd be able to share in some of our theories that we came up with before reading the last book. (It got deleted for too many references to explicit fan fiction.) I don't know if any really old threads may still exist on other Harry Potter fan sites- it's just too easy to click the wrong thing and read book 7 spoilers.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page