Has anyone read "I Know This Much Is True", by Wally Lamb? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
should we wait 'til everyone's finished?

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 01:00 AM

OH- I read this awhile ago. It's good. He wrote "She's Come Undone" also, which I remember being good.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:50 PM

[QUOTE=atpeace;12438313]this seems like a book that I'm going to miss once it's done.QUOTE]

:

I LOVE this book. I have read it a few times and each time I finish it I miss it. It really draws me in-- Wally Lamb is such a fantastic writer.

Linz- Mama to DS Jack (6/08) and baby #2 due 7/25/2010
Old 11-02-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Calla~ View Post
Now!!:

IBRB, babe just woke.
would you like to start us off? since you started the thread.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:02 PM

ive read this book 3 times. its absolutely amazing. i dont want to reread it now as its only been about a year since the last time i read it. that book really digs deep with me and i find i need time to recover.
but id love to discuss it,maybe ill just reread parts of it as parts are brought up...

i totally have a weird emotional reaction to this book. my moods and perspective on the world and family/friends/relationships totally get 'shaded' while im reading this book. so when i do read it, i read it fast during a period of time when im not being really social.

when i gave it to my partner to read ,i noticed he got totally moody and a little dark. i think some parts hit closer to home for him than it did for me. so when he was getting his b*tch on, i just totally ignored it until he finished the book.

this was one of those books that dug right into me and lodged itself permanently somewhere in my brain.

i loved shes come undone too. i think i got about half way through that book before i realized it was written by a man. then i was hooked on wally lamb for life. im sooooooo excited for his new book. just in time to read it during a long dark winter day.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:13 AM

I finished She's Come Undone about a week ago. I really enjoyed it, I am on the waiting list for I Know This Much Is True at the library. I can't wait to read it now that I read all your great reviews.

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:19 AM

I love Wally Lamb, although I read both his books so long ago I don't remember the details, but I know I liked it.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 AM

I loved She's Come Undone, but found IKTMIT to be kindof tedious. It had it's moments, but....yawn.

User Tag List