Melissa & Doug toys - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-28-2008, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison's Mom View Post
Ikea also has a wooden train set. It's made somewhere in eastern europe, I believe. We haven't had any issues with chipping paint, or anything, and they are not expensive. We also have a Plan City one, but it's too complex for my DS right now.
We are thinking about getting the Ikea train for Christmas but I can't find much information on their website about paint, glue or where it's made. We have three of the train cars already and haven't had any problems with chipping paint or anything, but it would be nice to get some kind of confirmation on that the paint is non-toxic. The Ikea train set being so cheap of course has me a little worried, but maybe it's ok?

Great thread with all this information on M&D. We too were telling the grandparents that M&D was a great alternative to the plastic toys they usually get. Hmmm....

Finn's mom since 2007, and expecting baby #2 in the fall (due Oct 1st)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd'smom View Post
Any thoughts on the M&D train set? Any other options (other than Thomas)? Help please. DD's b-day is in 2 weeks!
You really should check our Whittle Shortline Railroad. They are made in the USA and are gorgeous. www.woodentrain.com

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

Tags
Melissa And Doug , Toys , Wooden Toys
User Tag List