I want to throw up. - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
With respect, it is clear on the box. And two years ago, there were other seats that went higher than 50# and cost less than the Regent. I'm not saying this just to be right, but to make the point that if carseats are a major purchase (they are for me!), people need to do their research before stepping in the store.
With respect, the one I bought DID NOT make that clear on the box.

Also, when I researched it there was not anything besides the Regent and the Evenflo Advanced that went up to 50lbs. At least not that I could buy in my area. The Evenflo Advanced had JUST come out when I bought it. It was a PITA to find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 96 Old 06-11-2009, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i think what bothers me (and maybe it was what really bothered the OP too), is not that the staff at BRU need to be "experts" in carseats (though it would be nice if they were), but rather it sounded like even when she tried to educate her coworkers, esp the manager of that section, they totally didnt want to hear it, or disagreed with her even though facts were on her side. I dont blame her for being mad. I totally get and agree that parents ultimately are responsible for their own children and looking up facts on their own...but i dont think we should so easily dismiss the fact that employees of what is probably the biggest baby store in America are telling parents really dangerous info (like, you should put a child not even two in a booster?! For real?!). BRU acts like they care about babies, and if thats true, i think they should put at least a little effort in not having their employees give out crap advice. That must have been a very hard work environment for the OP.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#93 of 96 Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...3709--,00.html

There is no mention of forward facing until 20lbs or 1 year being a law. I know many states have this recommendation,and some people thin it is law.. but it's not. Your own states website doesn't even mention.

Now I am not saying one is better than the other. But I don't thin it is worth getting upset over the fact that a store wont give out "legal" advise when it is not even a law.
Skipping ahead of the rests of posts, so I apologize if this has already been said. But Michigan is in fact a proper usage clause state. You have to use the seat according to the manufacturers specifications, and no seat on the market allows FF before a year. So yes, it is illegal to FF before a year in Michigan.
#94 of 96 Old 06-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I can appreciate your passion, but do people really expect the clerks at Babies R Us to be carseat experts?
Yes. Like they expect Best Buy clerks to be computer experts and bookstore clerks to be able to identify the book with a red cover about a man who had a dog, maybe it was a cat.
#95 of 96 Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls181 View Post
Skipping ahead of the rests of posts, so I apologize if this has already been said. But Michigan is in fact a proper usage clause state. You have to use the seat according to the manufacturers specifications
Ouch! Does that mean you have to turn kids FF when their legs start to bend like it says in some manuals?
#96 of 96 Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Yes. Like they expect Best Buy clerks to be computer experts and bookstore clerks to be able to identify the book with a red cover about a man who had a dog, maybe it was a cat.
Well.. just because people have unrealistic expectations of you.. doesn't mean you have to live up to them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page