Anybody have a Mini Cooper? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-06-2009, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My mother has one and later this month there will be a situation where we either put the kids..1ff, 1rf in her car or I make a few people go way out of their way so we can use my car. I have tried to put car seats in her car before(only with buckle, not latch) and it will NEVER install properly. Something about how the seats are shaped or something makes it move all over the place. She has the LATCH system in her car but I have never used that and don't know if I will be able to do it correctly. If anyone has done an install in a Mini, could you let me know if it can be done? Thanks!

SAHM to my beautiful girl(9/06) and boy(3/09).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-06-2009, 12:47 AM

I'm not a trained expert (and I don't have a Mini), but in my car Latch is waaaay easier to install with than the seatbelts. Do you have the opportunity to try installing with the Latch when you aren't in a rush?

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#3 of 6 Old 08-06-2009, 12:23 PM

The shape of the back seats is awful for car seats in the Mini Cooper. You'll probably have better luck with LATCH. How heavy is your daughter? There is a weight limit for LATCH, so if she's over it, you cannot use LATCH. Can you practice using LATCH in her car ahead of time? Or at least practice it in your car, or a friend's or neighbor's?

Melissa, CPST and Mom to DD 2.5 year old
#4 of 6 Old 08-08-2009, 01:04 AM

I have done a scenera FFing with Latch in a mini several times and it is easy as pie.

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#5 of 6 Old 08-08-2009, 01:47 AM

I will be RF a car seat in the next couple days in my own Mini. The one test we did with the Latch seemed to go well for us.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#6 of 6 Old 08-08-2009, 03:48 PM

My husband's car is a Mini Clubman (the "big Mini") and it totally depends on the seat. We can LATCH the Boulevard but have to use the long belt path for the Frontier. It's all about the weird angles of the seats. Plus, the Boulevard LATCH connectors are on that moving bar whereas the Frontier ones are just really hard to get into the corners, if that makes sense.

Oh, and the Boulevard *must* be FFing or else I was literally eating the dashboard.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page