#181 of 201 Old 10-04-2009, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylove View Post
Win by any mean necessary?
What about personal integrity?

I'm not really trying to pick a fight (honest I'm not!), just trying to make a point.

I guess I follow a more 'be the change' type philosophy.
I agree, lying is lying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 201 Old 10-04-2009, 01:25 PM
crl

I was able to exchange mine at Sports Basement on Friday. They did not ask any questions at all--just said, go pick anything you want that's the same size and bring the old and new ones up to the register.

But now I don't know what to do with them. I actually have enough Kleen Kanteens for us, so I was thinking about saving the shiny new SIGGS for gifts. But are they really safe? I don't want to give them away if they aren't. Shoot.

Catherine
#183 of 201 Old 10-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All I know is that I'm bummed that I spent money to send back my Siggs and its been over a month with no response. That just SUCKS!
#184 of 201 Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM

We got our new siggs this week. My partner told them he wasn't sending the bottles until we got our new ones. We got our new ones last week. I don't see a point in returning the old ones.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#185 of 201 Old 10-19-2009, 10:59 PM

Well I am about to lose it with this company. I got my replacement code after mailing in my old containers, used it a MONTH ago and still have not received my new bottles!!!!!!!!!!!! I have sent emails and no responses. I am so irritated!!
#186 of 201 Old 10-19-2009, 11:03 PM

I got my replacement code, but when I ordered I HAD to enter my credit card info or the order wouldn't go through. So I did, thinking that it's just standard but the replacement code would cover the cost.

My credit card was charged. There's a restocking fee if I return them, and I WOULD NOT have bought them if I knew I would have to pay. I'd prefer to replace them with KK's.

Now my email hasn't been answered in 3 days. I know this whole deal expires at the end of Oct., and I'm contemplating calling the co. tomorrow.

Grrrr....

Mommy to DD 5-07
#187 of 201 Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyMama View Post
I got my replacement code, but when I ordered I HAD to enter my credit card info or the order wouldn't go through. So I did, thinking that it's just standard but the replacement code would cover the cost.

My credit card was charged. There's a restocking fee if I return them, and I WOULD NOT have bought them if I knew I would have to pay. I'd prefer to replace them with KK's.

Now my email hasn't been answered in 3 days. I know this whole deal expires at the end of Oct., and I'm contemplating calling the co. tomorrow.

Grrrr....
I think in your case, I would call my state attorney general, or my credit card company and dispute the charge.
#188 of 201 Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Call the company, TinyMama.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#189 of 201 Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 AM

Its been 7 weeks since I sent my siggs to them and I live a few states over, should have only taken 2 days max to get to them. I keep emailing them asking for the status and have been given the runaround. I sure wish I would have returned them to whole foods and I wouldn't have had to pay for postage.
#190 of 201 Old 10-20-2009, 11:54 AM

It's funny to see this thread come to life right as my brain gets back to thinking about it. "Hey, where are those Sigg bottles?!" Just Sunday I remembered again and decided that was it. I too have been waiting for 7 weeks and nothing. Which I'm kind of glad of. So, I emailed demanding a full refund. After all, they are holding my Sigg bottles now and not providing the promised services (replacement bottles, timely matter (last reply said processing took 4-5 weeks), or purchase code). So, I laid every detail from start to finish and demanded they refund my credit card asap. I'm not going to wait anymore for a code to order from and wait some more. I'm not going to wait for new bottles. I just want my money back. Hmmmm, I'll update here again when I hear from them again. I'm trying to be hopeful that they'll get something right this time. Pissing customers off in all of these different ways, from the start to then dragging them along at their own expense is just a horrible way to ever get customers to return again.

Married to my soul mate and best friend. Stay-at-home-mama, home-schooler to three magical little ones. And, blogging about a green, simple, frugal way life at rosiedreams.com.

#191 of 201 Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 AM

I sent the president an email. He did a typical standard reply and forwarded it on to customer service. Well, now they are asking for proof of delivery and tracking info, which I didn't feel the need to spend the extra money on as I have never had any problems with the mail (I participate in co-ops and live on the east coast with family on the west coast so I use the mail a ton)
#192 of 201 Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion you're dealing with. Ugh, lost bottles. I always error on the side of spending less $ since that's where we're at right now and things always seem to get there, but you always wonder as they ask about buying it, hmmmm, this better make it there.
So, here's my update. I wrote last Sunday for a full refund. I wrote all the details of my interactions with them with dates, email addresses, everything. And, I told them they've had my bottles now for 2 months, and since they're not following up on their end of the deal in a fair or promised amount of time, I wanted a full refund instead, much like I would have had (grocery $ anyhow) if I would have just waited 2 weeks until the thread announced stores were accepting them.
Then, 3 days later what do i get? Yep, my gift certificate code with the most confusing instructions ever. I of course have no plans on buying my kids SIGG sippy bottles again,both for safety concerns, the stupid tiny hole everything has to fit through (ugh, ice, forget it), and the fact that after 6 weeks I chose to get KK sippys for my 2 kids realizing the gift code was going to take for ever. So my instructions say that if you are not doing a straight exchange you have to jump through 3 more hoops and wait longer for the bottles. HAHA! More time huh.
So, instead of replying to my email request, actually demand, for a refund, they ignored it and it appears they sped up my gift code processing. How infuriarating and unprofessional.
So, as someone mentioned here a weeks or two ago, "Call them." I picked up the phone on a Wednesday at 3pm Pacific Time. Hmmm, that's odd, "Our message box is full,please call back at another time" from their 1-888 inquiries number. What's that about I'm thinking. So I call the 1-800 ordering line, hoping to just ask for the right person and eventually get somewhere. Same message. And this was their ordering line. Yes, no hours listed. No info. given. Just, call back since our mailbox is full. Sounds like my little brother's voicemail message, not SIGG Co.'s. So, I call the long distance #. Same thing. So, much luck to callers. Perhaps everyone at every phone # they answer had already gone home?!
So, I wrote another refund demand email and sent it with the previous referred to. And, of course I've been waiting 3 days again already. I'll update if I ever get through to anyone. But, now I don't want their *&#^ bottles, and I will not wait another 2 months for the *&#% things. I'm done with them. Has anyone else here ever gotten through on the phone with them or are we stuck using email? Just curious. And, has anyone else managed to get a refund? Thanks!

Married to my soul mate and best friend. Stay-at-home-mama, home-schooler to three magical little ones. And, blogging about a green, simple, frugal way life at rosiedreams.com.

#193 of 201 Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM

I got my replacement code today.

I still would have rather have known about taking them to whole foods and perhaps switched to KK.
#194 of 201 Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 PM

Well, it took two months, but we finally got our replacement bottles today. And the cap on one of them (apparently a new design of cap) is broken.

Go figure. I'm so done with Sigg.
#195 of 201 Old 10-27-2009, 08:01 PM

Yeah, I am so totally done with this company. I was initially okay w/ their offer to replace them, used the code and it has been almost 6 wks! I rewrote to the CEO, asking him to expedite the process, which he forwarded to the customer service, still NOTHING.

I am ordering KK's and forgetting about this.
#196 of 201 Old 11-16-2009, 01:04 PM

I sent mine back on 10-06 and have not heard a thing. Does the replacement code come in the mail or in email?

This is frustrating. We've not had bottles for 6 weeks and now i come here and find out everyone is getting the run around.

SUCKS.
#197 of 201 Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 PM

they emailed me the code.

i still haven't gotton my bottles, but got this email from sigg
Quote:
I am hoping you have received your package by now. Every order is put on hold to verify the amount you ordered matches the amount you were credited. Unfortunately, we have had some greedy customers who have ordered A LOT more than they were supposed to and have ruined it for everyone. We are asking that you allow up to 7 business days for the order to be processed and shipped. Once released and ready to ship you will receive an email with your tracking information. Please let me know if you haven't received your bottles yet. Thank you!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
#198 of 201 Old 11-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Now that's a professional e-mail. Greedy, huh? I don't doubt that some people were trying to cheat the system but they could have worded that part differently.
#199 of 201 Old 11-16-2009, 04:11 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I am one of those customers who spent more than I was allowed to. I did not want another aluminum bottle (my mom has Altzhimer's), so I ordered the cheapest steel bottle that they had, which was slightly above the cost that they gave me in my email. I just got an email that my order was canceled, and after I replied, they sent another email saying that it would take up to 5 weeks to reply to that email. ugh... I am so done with this company.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#200 of 201 Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM

I also ordered with the code for returns. The email with the code was VERY specific about not OVER ordering.

But, I think that the real problem is the way they set it up. I think it was one mass code. Once I placed my order it said the remaining balance on my gift card was something like $66,000. I can imagine after seeing that, some very greedy people decided to test how much they could get away with. The problem with this is that now all orders are needing to be triple checked, and taking way more time than necessary.
#201 of 201 Old 11-16-2009, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So interesting, that email from SIGG re: "greedy" customers.
SIGG certainly knows about greed firsthand, don't they.
The ultimate greed is lying repeatedly to the public, putting customers' health at risk and then having the audacity to make it prohibitively difficult to get a replacement bottle.
I personally would not want a replacement as I will never trust SIGG as a company. I was lucky enough to return mine to Whole Foods where they gave me credit to purchase whatever I wanted.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page