Mothering Forum banner

Do you put photos of your children in the bath up online?

617 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  shelly74 
#1 ·
I have a Facebook & a Myspace, and like to keep my friends and family updated with photos of my daughter. However, occasionally, I feel a little uneasy about putting up adorable, fun pictures of my daughter in her diaper, or in the bathtub (nothing graphic--just her chest showing.) Everyone on my friends list are people I know, and my pictures cannot be seen by other people not on my friends list, but I sometimes wonder if someone I don't know that well on Facebook could look at my pictures...or someone's husband, brother, babysitter, etc who might happen to get onto the computer...Am I being overreactive/silly? I know that children who are singled out by pedophiles are rare, though, and really struggle with being a realist. (I was raised in a family where I was taught that everyone is bad, and everyone is out to get you, and be on your guard every second--I still really struggle with that mentality.) Then again, I try to practice trusting my instincts, too.

#2 ·
I used to. Then I started putting my pics on flickr and the shots of my kids in the pool or in the tub or in a diaper got WAY WAY WAY more views than then rest of them. That really creeped me out. So, I put those to private, so that only my friends/family can see them. Or I take them down altogether.

I don't put many pictures on facebook, though, just a handful now and then. I don't really worry too much about it.

I mean it's totally gross and disgusting, but I am not worried that someone is going to be attracted to my kids and then hunt them down, yk?

#3 ·
I don't put my kids pics up anywhere to stay. I will occasionally put up a pic on flickr and set it to private so I can post it on a private close knit board I'm on but even that is taken down after a day or two. I would never put naked or half clothed pics of my kids anywhere on the web for any length of time.... too many freaks out there. I'm not worried about someone hunting down my child, it's the thought of some perv looking at my kid's picture while they.......*shudder* YKWIM? I'd be upset if my picture (especially a nude one) was put online without my permission so it's not something I could do to my kids. It's their body not mine.

#4 ·
i do, but only if none of the baby bits are showing, lol. a nakey butt pic has made it up here and there, because he was potty training ov er the summer and rarely had pants on, but i try to limit those as well.

i dont see the issue with a bath pic where only his chest is showing, any more than one of him in the pool, or just running around shirtless, lol

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by liliaceae View Post
On Facebook, if your friend comments on your picture, all of their friends can then see the picture.
Yes but you can also delete any comments if you don't want anyone else to look at the photos. I often delete comments on my photos from people I am more acquaintance than friend with.

As to the question - yes I post "nakey" photos but never with his genitals showing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.