Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After days of researching we've decided to buy the Radian XTSL for our 2 yr. old. A question for anyone else who has purchased this seat - are you happy with it? And has it suited your needs? Also, where are these seats manufactured? I know Britax is assembled in the USA, but I can't find anything about Sunshine Kids.

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
#2 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 12:21 AM

This is what we are buying, too. Not sure of where they are manufactured, but I wanted to share this link b/c it's the best price I've seen ($239 + free shipping).

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#3 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 12:37 AM

They'r made in china. If your ordering soon (but haven't done so yet), I'd order from diapers.com - if its your first order from them, you can get another %15 off (and they'll happily pricematch babycatalog first, so it comes to like $215.99). And, if it doesn't fit in your car (or you don't like it for whatever other reason) they do *FREE* return shipping too. Which is awesome I know all this cause' I did the same about a month ago... but it just didn't fit in my car (its *HUGE* front-back rfing and made the seat infront of it unusable, which just wouldn't work...). Anyhow, good luck!!
#4 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 12:45 AM

Thanks, Emily! That is even a better deal. (though, I can't recall if I have ever bought anything from diapers.com.)

#5 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 AM

We bought two of those for our little one (EDD 3/5/10). One for each car. We've already installed them and tried one out. They were very easy to install and use. We went on a short trip with a friend and her toddler a week ago, and it was a cinch!

Those prices are great! We paid $250 a piece at the beginning of January, and that was the best deal at the time.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#6 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 01:05 AM

I love my Radians! I had a Premier for DS and now he is in an XT (he is 2 and 35 lbs) RF and I have my daycare girl in the Premier FF. They are wonderful solid seats. DS has ridden in Graco Snugride, then he went into the Radian Premier at 4 mons and then into a Safety 1st Enspira when he outgrew the premier in weight RF(30 lbs in Canada) at 13 mons then into a True Fit at 14 mons after we crashed the Enspira, and now he is in his radian XT. DS Hated the Snugride (screamed and cried in it) and hated the Enspira (he would complain the whole time) The True Fit was good but he really loves riding in his Radian XT.

I have a small car (Volvo S40) and yes it is a snug fit but the front passenger seat is still usable by most people. Also I got a great tight install on both my seats with latch.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#7 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadelbosque View Post
They'r made in china. If your ordering soon (but haven't done so yet), I'd order from diapers.com - if its your first order from them, you can get another %15 off (and they'll happily pricematch babycatalog first, so it comes to like $215.99). And, if it doesn't fit in your car (or you don't like it for whatever other reason) they do *FREE* return shipping too. Which is awesome I know all this cause' I did the same about a month ago... but it just didn't fit in my car (its *HUGE* front-back rfing and made the seat infront of it unusable, which just wouldn't work...). Anyhow, good luck!!

Hey, how do you get 15% off? I'm seeing 10% off codes, but not 15.

#8 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the discount links.

Do the Radians fit alright in a Malibu Maxx?

#9 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 PM

Oh man! I just bought this for 299 yest. from amazon. Not sure about pricematching after the fact!
#10 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 PM

We just bought two XTSL Radians in January. We have one rear-facing in a '04 Nissan Frontier and the other one RF in my '99 Chevy Tracker, both in the center position. The seats are a tight fit in both cars, but they work...my husband and I can drive and passenger comfortably in both cars (he's 6'0, I'm shorter). They are luxurious compared to the hard Graco bucket that my daughter was in before. A few weekends ago, we went camping--a 5 hour drive with the last hour spent going down an old mountain 4x4 trail, and no complaints from DD (who is 9 months old).
#11 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 03:43 PM

Thanks so much for starting this thread and providing the discount info! I was able to cancel the amazon order and get a pricematch at diapers.com + they let me use a coupon even though I've alredy ordered from thm. Thank you sooooooooooooo much!
#12 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracemamma View Post
Thanks so much for starting this thread and providing the discount info! I was able to cancel the amazon order and get a pricematch at diapers.com + they let me use a coupon even though I've alredy ordered from thm. Thank you sooooooooooooo much!
Did you get 10 or 15% off? Not that it's a huge difference, just wondering if I am missing the 15% off coupon code.

#13 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 05:29 PM

The guy gave me a straight 20 off in addition to the 60. I asked for an additional discount (since I am not a new customer eligible for the 10%) and pointed out my last big orders- I just bought a stokke trip trppe + baby set and some other items on Monday. I had an email from them w/ a 15% discount 2 weekends ago just for that weekend. So in the end, mine was $219. Happy bargain shopping! Diapers.com is so nice for their free 2 day shipping too- my Monday order is already here.
#14 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 09:17 PM

I recently bought one for our three-year-old, who had been forward facing in an older radian 65 (w/ 35-lb RF weight limit). So he's back to RF again, and we're all very happy about it.

I did have a difficult time installing the seat in our honda odyssey, finally got a good install in the third row (had been hoping to put it in one of the captains chairs in the middle row). It would really be much improved if SK started offering a "toddler foot" to achieve a less reclined recline.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#15 of 23 Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach View Post
I recently bought one for our three-year-old, who had been forward facing in an older radian 65 (w/ 35-lb RF weight limit). So he's back to RF again, and we're all very happy about it.

good to hear this, b/c I am buying it to RF my youngest who will be 3 next month, and is 37 lbs.

#16 of 23 Old 02-04-2010, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

With the price matching and 10% discount we were able to purchase this for $215.99. Thanks again!

#17 of 23 Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 PM

Can I ask where you're price matching? I can't seem to get this in my cart for less than $240. Thanks!

*nevermind, got it for 215, thanks!*

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot
#18 of 23 Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 AM

How do you do a price match? I've never done that before. I'd like to order that seat for DS, but can't figure out where to get the best price.
#19 of 23 Old 02-16-2010, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmommy View Post
How do you do a price match? I've never done that before. I'd like to order that seat for DS, but can't figure out where to get the best price.
I emailed diapers.com about this price here. The link to email diapers.com about price matching is near the top on the right side of their website. There is also the option to call.

#20 of 23 Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 AM

Thank you!! Another mama PMed me, and I ordered one earlier this week. Thank you for that help.
#21 of 23 Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 PM

Oh my goodness! Thank you! I was just about to do Albee Baby with the 17% off coupon I have but I got it for 215.99 instead of 250 at diapers.com. I am sooooo thrilled! Yay!

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#22 of 23 Old 03-10-2010, 12:44 AM

I just looked at diapers.com but can't find anything about the 15% discount for new customers. This is the seat we are planning on buying and getting for 215 would be great! Can someone point me to the 15% discount for new customers?

Erica
DD September 2010, m/c October 2009
#23 of 23 Old 03-10-2010, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If you're a first time customer you can use the code "10PERCENT".

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page