a good seat for lugging around the airport - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2010, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are going to be doing a ton of traveling here in the next few months and I would like to purchase a convertible carseat specifically for traveling purposes. Here at home we use a Britax Marathon and a Graco MyRide...both would be a pita to lug around the airport. Any recommendations for convertible carseats that are light and safe and affordable???? DS is 18 lbs 13 oz and as of his 6 month checkup 27 inches long. He's going on 9 months now and I'm thinking he's closer to 30 inches weight was from 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the help

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 06:47 PM

A Scenera might fit the bill. Or, what I like to do is just clip the Marathon to a cheap ($15 from WM) luggage cart and wheel that thru the airport.

CPST & mom

Old 03-19-2010, 08:05 PM

We use a Scenera and a luggage cart. The luggage cart was on clearance for $10 at an office depot. The Scenera costs about $50. It's very lightweight and narrow too, so it fits in airplane seats even with the armrests down, which is so nice if you end up in bulkhead where the armrests are fixed.

At home I have a TrueFit and it's awfully heavy for schlepping like that...

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif
Old 03-20-2010, 01:03 PM

I carted my thousand pound Radian around the airport and then went and bought a luggage cart from Walmart. It worked great - I bought extra bungees just in case but the ones that came with the cart were fine. I could bundle my carry-on backpack right on with the seat and didn't have to carry anything. It was a lifesaver and I will never take a car seat without it again.

User Tag List