Carseat help for 3 year old and infant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. My 3 1/2 year old is just 30 pounds, although pretty tall. I currently have her in a Britax Boulevard. Her little sister is almost 4 months old, and 13 pounds. I would like to move her out of her infant seat soon. Initially the plan was to get older dd a frontier 85 so I could still harnesss her and then put the baby in her boulevard. Does that sound like a good plan, or should I get little dd her own boulevard and leave older dd in hers for awhile yet? I want to do what is safest for both of them, obviously. Thanks for any help.

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think it would make as much sense to get a second Blvd, since the one you have will likely need to be replaced anyway with a larger harnessing seat before your 3.5 year old is ready for a booster. If she's tall, she might be close to outgrowing it by height already. If DD2 fits well in the Blvd (my tiny babe didn't fit well until 16+ pounds, but he doesn't have a long torso...), I think it would make great sense to pass down DD1's Blvd, then find a harnessed seat that will last DD1 longer than a Blvd. If you want to RF DD1, the Radian XT or Radian 80 or the Complete Air would likely fit her. Both have much, much more leg room for RF than the Blvd.

The Frontier 85 and the Graco Nautilus are good options for FF seats that convert to decent boosters.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

User Tag List