Mothering Forum banner

FYI: Under $100 top convertible car seats. & States' car seats law

827 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  MacKinnon 
#1 ·
Ok. Deleting the links. I feel stupid now.

#2 ·
I'm no expert but I think the first link you posted is outdated. A 30lbs rear facing seat with a over the head shield isn't recommended as a good seat I thought. It says the article was posted in 2006.

Thanks for sharing but I am interested in what CPST's think about the site and the info it gives out. I agree it is hard for new parents to figure out what is best in buying a car seat.

#3 ·
Hmm, yeah I agree with Katie T. The first link is way outdated. They recommend the Comfort Sport, which is just about the worst value these days in terms of how long a kid will fit in it (most infant seats fit kids longer RF than the CS!) And shield seats are a huge no-no.

#6 ·
The second isn't TOTALLY up to date either as Texas recently (like, this past year) passed a law that EVERYONE in the vehicle must wear a seatbelt....no matter the age or where in the car you're sitting. (It used to be that if you rode in the back and were 17 you could choose to be unbelted)

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by VroomieMama View Post
My apology, I didn't look at the date that the article was published.

I think it was very sweet of you to post this. I agree that it is hard to find the most current best seat and newest laws. I don't think people are "knocking" you but want to make sure people are aware. Please don't take it personally.

#10 ·
Thank you. This made me feel better. I guess I'm just feeling somewhat disheartened b/c some of the posts I created asked certain questions that I really needed feedback on but only got few responses. It is as if people weren't really interested in giving ME feedback. I'm just insecure like that.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by VroomieMama View Post
Thank you. This made me feel better. I guess I'm just feeling somewhat disheartened b/c some of the posts I created asked certain questions that I really needed feedback on but only got few responses. It is as if people weren't really interested in giving ME feedback. I'm just insecure like that.
I have had that problem and shared your feelings.

#12 ·
Mama! Thanks for sharing the links, don't feel stupid! It is hard to see a million posts on one topic and one on your thread, it's worried me before too. Your thoughts were in the right place, and it's a great reminder of how quickly CPS material becomes outdated! We all, as parents and CPST's, have to work hard to stay on top of the most current info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.