Best affordable booster seat for 6.5 yo - 51 lbs and about 47 inches. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is still in her Britax Marathon but I guess it is time for a booster? Any affordable recommendations that will last a while. I just have honestly felt safer with the Marathon than the cheap booster seat we got on vacation, she is tall and skinny the Marathon has worked but she maybe too tall for it now. Any ideas? I do see lots of threads but a little overwhelmed right now. I have a new chevy HHR.

Who stole my signature!
#2 of 9 Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Most 47" children have outgrown Marathons by height: if her shoulders are above the top strap slots or her ears are above the shell, she has outgrown the seat and it should not be used again.

I don't know what you consider "affordable". The Graco Turbobooster and Recaro ProBooster (or Vivo, if you can find one) are boosters that would probably fit her well.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#3 of 9 Old 07-25-2010, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I love my Turboboosters. I have owned more expensive boosters, but the Turbobooster is still my favorite.
#4 of 9 Old 07-25-2010, 11:52 PM

We really like the Recaro Vivo it fits my skinny 9 year old wonderfully.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#5 of 9 Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 PM

I am flabbergasted that your child fits in a marathion still. PLease check like Chickabiddy said, almost no 47 inch children will fit into it by height, your child would have to have an insanely short torso for that to be true.
Graco Turbobooster, Recaro Probooster, Recaro Vivo are all good choices as has been said.

CPST
#6 of 9 Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 PM

wow, yeah im guessing your kiddo has already outgrown the seat? my 6 yo dd has been out of her marathon for years, and she is not too big. we have a britax parkway, but i don't think they're available anymore (well, i'm sure they aren't lol). i have heard good things about the turbobooster.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#7 of 9 Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

I did check and her ears were just at the top of the seat, she does have long legs and is tall and skinny! The shoulder straps were a little below now tho, she had a growth spurt and it was fine until just recently.

But we got a Graco Turbobooster on Friday which seems to be working great. Thanks, I did not realize I had any replies as normally I get an email notification! Anyhow I am just nervous with the booster but it was time!

Who stole my signature!
#8 of 9 Old 07-27-2010, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

We did try a few different seats in the store and this one fitted her best because of her body shape (tall and skinny - unlike Mom lol) definitely seemed better than the boosters with no back though.

Who stole my signature!
#9 of 9 Old 07-27-2010, 03:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The turbo is a great booster. Glad you found one that fit your dd well.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page