Land Rover Freelander & 3 car seats? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're travelling to my Dad's in France next month. He has a Land Rover Freelander, late 90s or early 00s model.

Anyone have any experience with getting three carseats in the back?

We have:
Graco Nautilus (Used with the harness still)
Recaro Como (FF)
Graco baby-bucket. I'm not planning to bring the base (open to thoughts here!)

He's got other cars, too, so we can split everyone up, but this is the car we're planning to borrow and it'd sure be nice NOT to have to take two cars everywhere.

Oh, and he's planning to pick me and kiddos up at the airport in this, and I don't want to realize after he gets there that this won't work; he's an hour and a half from the airport.

Thanks,
G.

Gwen , partner to D ; Mamma to T (6) , J (4) , and baby P
#2 of 5 Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM

No experience with the Freelander myself, but I'd suspect you'll need at least one Radian to get 3 across, since it's not a huge car. The Recaro and Nautilus are both pretty hefty sized seats.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

#3 of 5 Old 08-27-2010, 01:34 AM

We have a 2002 Freelander SE, with a britax marathon, and safety first combo seat in the back seat. There is less than 1 foot between the two.
#4 of 5 Old 08-27-2010, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It will work with the right combination of seats -- definitely not a Como or a Nautilus, or a Marathon! I would try two FFing Evenflo Maestros and a RFing Cosco Scenera: those are all inexpensive, narrow seats that are light for traveling.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#5 of 5 Old 08-27-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm, I hadn't considered buying new car seats for this trip. Not sure just what to do! We're planning to move to France in a year or so, so I'd need new car seats then anyway. One thought has been to buy car seats there (my Dad can do it ahead of time). I'm having a HUGE problem with finding info about the seats that I'm finding for sale in France. They advertise what 'Groupe' they fit, but offer absolutely no information about weight limits for the harness or height of top slot. It's been frustrating to say the least.

I posted in the France tribe and have had some super help there with other things but car seats seem to be a sticking-place.

ETA: For instance, I'm looking at this one, and I know it complies with Groups 1-2-3, but there's no way to tell (as far as I can see) what the weight limit for the harness is. (And, sorry, that link takes you to the sales catalog's first page. The one I'm looking at is on page 62, selling for 44,90 euros. If you followed all of that, bless you!).

Can anyone help with figuring out what car seats we might buy in France?

Thanks!!!

Gwen , partner to D ; Mamma to T (6) , J (4) , and baby P

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page