Mothering Forum banner

2 rearfacing in a 2009 Honda Fit?

672 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TheGirls 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever seen this or heard of it?

Right now we have DS 26 months RF in a Radian80 behind the passenger seat. We have enough room in the front for my 6'0" 220 DH to sit comfortable in passenger. Is it possible to put a bucket seat in the middle seat? We are having number 2 in April I can't imagine I'll be ready to turn DS FF by then, he'll be 33 months.

Also I would like to put the bucket in the middle, so there is still the possibility of me riding in the back. but the middle seat does not have latch. Are there significant benefits to using the outboard seat for just for the latch?

TIA

#2 ·
There arent significant benefits to the LATCH if you can get a good seatbelt install in the center. LATCH is supposed to be easier but it isn't safer if the seatbelt is done properly. I'd give it a try, it may work since the Radian is narrow and low and infant seats tend to be higher. If it doesn't you may be able to start the baby in a convertible seat instead and fit that in there (infant seats tend to be wide). Or both kids outboard with you in the middle (climb in around the infant seat base, then snap the seat in, it would be claustraphobic though...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.