3 across Cosco Scerena? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-09-2010, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend and I want to take our kiddos on an outing tomorrow morning but I don't think we can get 3 across in my car. I think we can in DH's '99 Camry but does anyone know if 3 Cosco Scerena car seats will fit in the back seat? We have a Britax and Graco but can use the Cosco seats as they're smaller (or seem smaller).

The other option is buying a booster for the 4 yo who's I think 42 lbs and 42 inches. I don't have time to test out seats tonight and don't want to try and fail tomorrow morning with the kids being bummed out and already to go. If I can't drive, then they can't go

Times like this I wish I had a bigger vehicle! TIA!
#2 of 5 Old 10-09-2010, 05:55 PM

3 Scenera's might, but you may have better luck trying to 'puzzle' different seats. Which Graco and Britax seats? Have you visited car-seat.org? They have a 'successful 3 across thread' which you could search for and may have the answers you need.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#3 of 5 Old 10-09-2010, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

a Britax Blvd and not sure on the Graco model (her seat) but it's bigger than the Blvd! I know we can't get 3 across in her Dodge Durango so I hoping 3 Scerenas would possible work. Thanks for the link- going to check it out!
#4 of 5 Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The sceneras will fit with room for your hands between them and everything. BUT your 42lber can't be in a scenera anymore.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#5 of 5 Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Your DD has already outgrown the Scenera, so it would not be a safe option for her. Not even for one short ride.

Many 4 year olds are not ready for boosters. Will she sit properly in it all the time, every time? No leaning forward or backward, no slouching? Boosters aren't always narrower than car seats, as you need additional space for buckling and unbuckling.

If she needs another harnessed seat, the Evenflo Maestro is a relatively inexpensive FF seat ($75) that is narrow and light weight.

Are any of the kids RF? It's always easier to have a RF seat or two in a 3-across situation.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page