3 across Cosco Scerena? - Mothering Forums
Family Safety > 3 across Cosco Scerena?
tonimk19's Avatar tonimk19 05:47 PM 10-09-2010
A friend and I want to take our kiddos on an outing tomorrow morning but I don't think we can get 3 across in my car. I think we can in DH's '99 Camry but does anyone know if 3 Cosco Scerena car seats will fit in the back seat? We have a Britax and Graco but can use the Cosco seats as they're smaller (or seem smaller).

The other option is buying a booster for the 4 yo who's I think 42 lbs and 42 inches. I don't have time to test out seats tonight and don't want to try and fail tomorrow morning with the kids being bummed out and already to go. If I can't drive, then they can't go

Times like this I wish I had a bigger vehicle! TIA!

Twinklefae's Avatar Twinklefae 06:55 PM 10-09-2010
3 Scenera's might, but you may have better luck trying to 'puzzle' different seats. Which Graco and Britax seats? Have you visited car-seat.org? They have a 'successful 3 across thread' which you could search for and may have the answers you need.
tonimk19's Avatar tonimk19 07:32 PM 10-09-2010
a Britax Blvd and not sure on the Graco model (her seat) but it's bigger than the Blvd! I know we can't get 3 across in her Dodge Durango so I hoping 3 Scerenas would possible work. Thanks for the link- going to check it out!
moondiapers's Avatar moondiapers 09:54 PM 10-10-2010
The sceneras will fit with room for your hands between them and everything. BUT your 42lber can't be in a scenera anymore.
mama2soren's Avatar mama2soren 02:57 PM 10-11-2010
Your DD has already outgrown the Scenera, so it would not be a safe option for her. Not even for one short ride.

Many 4 year olds are not ready for boosters. Will she sit properly in it all the time, every time? No leaning forward or backward, no slouching? Boosters aren't always narrower than car seats, as you need additional space for buckling and unbuckling.

If she needs another harnessed seat, the Evenflo Maestro is a relatively inexpensive FF seat ($75) that is narrow and light weight.

Are any of the kids RF? It's always easier to have a RF seat or two in a 3-across situation.
Up