How many people use boosters for their 7-9 year olds? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is 8 1/2 and in a booster (low). He's 4'7"-ish. DD is almost 7 and also in a low booster. She's 4'3"-ish.

My guess is that both will be in a booster until they turn 9.

DS is the only one in his peer group in a booster. He knows it and isn't thrilled by it but doesn't give us any grief about it. He went through a stage right after he turned 8 where he was very vocal about it but it's faded. I think that he had in his head that it ended at 8 and it was that expectation that caused the problem. DD may be the only one in her group as well - I don't see as many of them in cars so I'm not sure.

My SIL works at the local primary school and said that she very, very, very rarely sees even a kindergartener get into a booster...and that half of these k'ers sit in the front seat.

WOHM to DS11 and DD9, both T1Ds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Does anybody know why seats expire? I haven't even thought about that! Must go check ds's. Where would it say?
It depends on what kind of booster it is, but most have a date of manufacture on a white sticker on the bottom of the seat (or stamped into the plastic). Most boosters expire 6 years after date of manufacture.

Quote:
Really? Got linky? I don't think my ds will have to worry about that, but then again, he might. He's skinny.
Harmony boosters go to 110# and are inexpensive and widely available. Clek and Sunshine Kids boosters go to 120#, but they're pretty spendy.

Quote:
The law is ambiguous here (NC), I think. There are places I've seen it listed as "8yo and (I think "and" and not "or") 80lbs" and then there are billboards all over that say "4'9". It's the law".
I'm a CPST in NC. Our law is that children must be in boosters (or harnessed seats) until they reach either 8 years or 80 pounds. However, the law also requires that children over 8y and 80# be secured in a properly fitting seatbelt: if they are much smaller than 4'9", the seatbelt will almost certainly not fit properly and it would be illegal to use an improperly fitting seatbelt.

P.S. We're probably a similar size, and I can get most of my butt into a Harmony Secure Comfort Deluxe backless booster.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#63 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 PM

I am pretty sure that they expire because of the plastic aging. Plastic dry rots and looses its flexibility as it ages as well.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#64 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
It depends on what kind of booster it is, but most have a date of manufacture on a white sticker on the bottom of the seat (or stamped into the plastic). Most boosters expire 6 years after date of manufacture.
Oh, I did go out and check, and it's 4 years old. That's good to know; thanks. And also the info on heavier car seats. I checked ds's all out, and it's good to 100lbs, so yay!
He'll be way taller than 4'9" before he reaches 100lbs. His half-sister was 12 or 13 and she was still 78lbs or so. Their side of the family is uber tall and skinny. She's 21 now and I think she's like 5'10" and 117lb or so.

Quote:
I'm a CPST in NC. Our law is that children must be in boosters (or harnessed seats) until they reach either 8 years or 80 pounds. However, the law also requires that children over 8y and 80# be secured in a properly fitting seatbelt: if they are much smaller than 4'9", the seatbelt will almost certainly not fit properly and it would be illegal to use an improperly fitting seatbelt.
I had to read that a couple of times-- I think it's written ambiguously! I wish it was clearer, and that people wouldn't just toss the booster when their kid turns 8.
So...your first sentence says "8 OR 80" and then your 2nd one says children over 8 AND 80. Could you clarify a bit?

Quote:
P.S. We're probably a similar size, and I can get most of my butt into a Harmony Secure Comfort Deluxe backless booster.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#65 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dd was 9 1/2 and ds was 8 when they outgrew their boosters either by hieght or weight. DD couldn't even use a low back booster anymore at that age because it put her head up over the back of the seat of the car.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#66 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
So...your first sentence says "8 OR 80" and then your 2nd one says children over 8 AND 80. Could you clarify a bit?
According to the law, it's whichever comes first. When they hit 8y or 80#, they can legally ride without boosters, IF they fit in the seatbelt properly.

#67 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 04:14 PM

DSS is 7 1/2 and is both short and light for his age. He does not ride in one.

DH and I have gone back and forth on this one. He rode in a low-backed booster until last winter, when his mom stopped making him sit in his booster at home and DSS started refusing to sit in it when he was with us. Frankly, I'd like to know how she's transporting 4 kids, 3 of whom should at least be in boosters according to our state law and 1 who is in an infant seat, in a compact car, but that is another story for another board. Long story short, DH does not feel that this is a fight worth picking.

Mom to DSS D (7) , DD Elizabeth (8/09) , and expecting DC3 3/30/11
#68 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
According to the law, it's whichever comes first. When they hit 8y or 80#, they can legally ride without boosters, IF they fit in the seatbelt properly.
Oh, OK! That's a lot more clear. Thank you! Is the 5-point thingy part of the law, too, or just a recommendation?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#69 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 PM

NC state law does not specify an age or size to which children must be harnessed, but does specify proper use. This means that if a booster's minimum is 3y and 30#, it is illegal for a child who is not both 3y and 30# to use the booster. MOST highbacked boosters have 3y/30# minimums (all have 30# minimums: most have 3y minimums as well, but some have a 1y age minimum).

#70 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 10:12 PM

I'm another mama who should be using a booster in the front seat of some cars. my current car I can't sit all the way back, and the seatbelt won't stay low because it fastens a good 4 inches above the level of the seat, so it literally floats above me on that side. the seatbelt thing is in my opinion a major design flaw of the car, and if we do ever get in an accident and I get injured, the company will get a lawsuit.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#71 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I respectfully disagree. What is more important that one's child's safety? What other factors?
I think most of us consider a lot of other things at least as important as safety. Do your children ever leave the house? Do you take them on unnecessary car trips - to playgroups, museums, parks, etc.? Are they allowed to use bikes, skates, or sleds, or go swimming? Will they be allowed to date or go out alone with friends when they're teenagers? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you're not doing everything you could to keep your kids safe. But that's perfectly reasonable, because staying safe is not the most important thing in life. If I decide not to make my kids use booster seats as teenagers, even if they can't pass the 5-step test, I think that's just as reasonable as allowing them to ride bikes.
#72 of 99 Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
A high-backed booster at 13 years old!?!
If you had read my entire post, you would have noticed that I said we were looking at purchasing a Monetrey for him, and that if he still needed a booster at thirteen we would probably switch it to a LBB. He's a small kid. He's just under 4 feet at age 8. His growth seems to be on par with how my brothers all grew - on the short and small side until right around age 16 - when they shot up well past 6 feet tall. If he needs a booster at age 13 to be safe, definitely he will have one. The same goes for the rest of my kids.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#73 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
I think most of us consider a lot of other things at least as important as safety. Do your children ever leave the house? Do you take them on unnecessary car trips - to playgroups, museums, parks, etc.? Are they allowed to use bikes, skates, or sleds, or go swimming? Will they be allowed to date or go out alone with friends when they're teenagers? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you're not doing everything you could to keep your kids safe. But that's perfectly reasonable, because staying safe is not the most important thing in life. If I decide not to make my kids use booster seats as teenagers, even if they can't pass the 5-step test, I think that's just as reasonable as allowing them to ride bikes.
There's a difference between reasonable safety and not. It is not UNreasonable to have a child who is unsafe without a booster sit in one, especially if we're talking about a child who is 8 or 9. To take them out simple for the sake of it is reckless. There is no legitimate, significant benefit to it.
#74 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalDarkness View Post
There's a difference between reasonable safety and not. It is not UNreasonable to have a child who is unsafe without a booster sit in one, especially if we're talking about a child who is 8 or 9. To take them out simple for the sake of it is reckless. There is no legitimate, significant benefit to it.
I agree that there's no benefit to taking a child out of a booster seat if the child is not unhappy using it and not being teased about it. But I'm not sure the increased danger for an 8 or 9 year old is great enough to call the decision "reckless." It's safer for a kid never to ride a bike, but that doesn't mean letting your kids ride bikes is reckless.
#75 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 AM

True. but at what point does the benefit no longer outweigh the teasing, humiliation, etc of it? At what age could your kids sto priding around in a booster? 15? 16?? I mean, really. Are you seriously going to make your kid haul a lbb around when they're 15-16 yrs old if they still "fit" in it?? I'm not. I love my kids - thats why I keep'm rfing as long as I can (Ds1 just got flipped at 3.5 when he broke his leg and simply would *NOT* fit rfing anymore), but I'm not going to keep them boostered forever. Cause' as noted, some of us adults could and maybe "should" be in boosters. But we aren't. So at what age would your kid be "allowed" to stop using one even if they "still don't fit"??
#76 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadelbosque View Post
So at what age would your kid be "allowed" to stop using one even if they "still don't fit"??
Sometime after puberty. As I wrote upthread, developed (internal/skeletal, not external/curvy) hips help hold the lap belt where it needs to be during a crash. I would allow my child to ride without a booster a few years after puberty. Otherwise, I would let her use the funky zebra-striped or pink leopard backless after age 10 or so.

ETA: I realize some people will find this excessive. That's okay. THIS is my parenting hill-to-die-on. I let her buy school lunch when she wants (ours is better than many, but it's still not like what I'd make at home). She gets computer time nearly every day. But she *will* ride in a booster for years to come.

#77 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 10:50 AM

My kid can ride a bike, but only while wearing a helmet.

She can swim, but only with a lifeguard, or responsible adult present.

When she is old enough to go out on her own, I will expect to know where she is going, who she will be with, and when she will be home.

And when she rides in the car, she will be in a properly fitting and installed car seat or booster until she is large enough to sit in a seat belt, and mature enough to stay that way.

It is not about never doing risky things.... it is about keeping her as safe as possible while still enjoying life.

And if everyone kept their kids in boosters, nobody would get teased because it would just be something that "is". Then all of our kids would be safe, and nobody would be bullied about it.

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

#78 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_lily View Post
It is not about never doing risky things.... it is about keeping her as safe as possible while still enjoying life.

And if everyone kept their kids in boosters, nobody would get teased because it would just be something that "is". Then all of our kids would be safe, and nobody would be bullied about it.
Yes and yes!

So, it's O.K. to risk your child's safety... to increase the probability that they will die... because someone *teased* them? How about empowering our kids to stick up for themselves instead? I'm very, very surprised, as a pp mentioned that we do so much that is child-centered AP, and yet, fall short on what may be the most important issue of them all... keeping them safe in the car.

In my dd's grade (3rd - they're all about 8.5yo), only the tall boys are not in a booster. She has 10 girls in her class and every single one of them are still in boosters. Nobody thinks anything of having friends in boosters. It is the norm... as it should be.
#79 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 AM

My 8.5 year old uses a low back booster. He can pass the 5 step test in dh's car, but not mine, so he uses the booster. He doesn't mind it at all and actually prefers it so he can see better. None of the kids his age (or even younger in some cases) uses any type of seat, most sit in the front and I've only seen a few actually buckled in.
#80 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 11:28 AM

My 10.5 yo is in a booster and no one at school makes fun of her. She even has friends ride with us and I guess I am lucky that they don't run through the school saying DD is in a booster. It is a non issue because it is not a choice.

I was educating someone last night about the importance of efring after they saw that my 2yo is still rfing and DD1 piped up and said "I have been in a car seat for 10 yrs!" lol. She doesn't love it but knows mama loves her and that is why she is in it till she fits in the seat belt.

I think it is a great teaching moment to let them know to stand up for what is right and not follow the crowd.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#81 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Haven't read all the responses yet, but I had to laugh reading the first couple who said my child's in a booster but is on the small side. My son, age 7, is in a booster and he's in the 99% for height. But he still needs a booster.

I also require his friends to sit in the spare booster in our car when they ride with me. It's clear that he is one of the only ones.

I personally don't know why you wouldn't. A booster is easily portable. They sit higher and can see more out the window. I just don't understand what makes them so undesirable.

I can understand not wanting to mess with a big heavy seat or getting a car seat fit every time you child goes with someone else. But really, a booster seat is very easy to use and both of mine will be using one until they fit right in the seat.

I'm thinking next summer when my son is 8 he's likely to be fitting in some seats properly. But even in the 99% for height I'm not positive of that.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#82 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
NC state law does not specify an age or size to which children must be harnessed, but does specify proper use.
No, no, no! I meant this, not a 5-point harness. I just could not think of the name of it when I posted about it upthread:

Quote:
5-step test (and it's all or nothing -- 80% is not passing):
~ shoulder belt crossing between neck and arm, not riding up on neck
~ lap belt crossing low on hips and thighs, not riding up on belly
~ back and buttocks against seat crease
~ knees bending at edge of seat (and preferably feet resting on floor)
~ able to maintain position for the entire trip
Sorry for the confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
Do your children ever leave the house? Do you take them on unnecessary car trips - to playgroups, museums, parks, etc.? Are they allowed to use bikes, skates, or sleds, or go swimming? Will they be allowed to date or go out alone with friends when they're teenagers? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you're not doing everything you could to keep your kids safe. But that's perfectly reasonable, because staying safe is not the most important thing in life.
It is, to me.
No, my son never leaves the house. We live on a thru-street that is very dangerous, with no sidewalks. I don't even leave the house. Except by car.
I don't consider those kinds of trips unnecessary, but we occasionally do those things.
He is allowed to bike and skate and in NC, helmets are required by law for those things.
I make him wear his helmet both biking and skateboarding, and rollerblading when he rarely does that. And I am on him constantly about making sure the helmet covers his forehead. And for skateboarding he wears full gear: knee and elbow pads and wrist guards. And the helmet has to be buckled. For biking also.
As for going out when he's a teen, that depends on his behavior But in my car? He is going to have to deposit the full deductable of my insurance policy in my bank account before I'll even consider letting him drive my car. And he will be taking a driver's ed course, for sure. I am still using things I learned in that class, which I took at age 16, and I'm 50 now.

Sledding, no-- not enough snow. But if there was, he'd wear a helmet doing that, too.
Swimming-- only with a certified lifeguard. One that pays attention to the swimmers. Once we were at a lake we often go to, and the young man lifeguarding paid no attention to the water-- he was too busy listening to his boombox and preening. We left and I reported him. So did other parents, apparently, because he got fired.

Quote:
I realize some people will find this excessive. That's okay. THIS is my parenting hill-to-die-on. I let her buy school lunch when she wants (ours is better than many, but it's still not like what I'd make at home). She gets computer time nearly every day. But she *will* ride in a booster for years to come.
Yep. That.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_lily View Post
My kid can ride a bike, but only while wearing a helmet.
She can swim, but only with a lifeguard, or responsible adult present.
When she is old enough to go out on her own, I will expect to know where she is going, who she will be with, and when she will be home.
And when she rides in the car, she will be in a properly fitting and installed car seat or booster until she is large enough to sit in a seat belt, and mature enough to stay that way.

This is THE BEST post!!! YES! ITA.

#83 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 03:03 PM

This is the '5 step' for when its ok to move your child from a 5pt harness into a booster seat:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=38893

Crash test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2kO8AxKbrM

This one is for when you can move your child from a booster to a regular adult seatbelt:

http://www.carseat.org/Boosters/630.htm

How a booster should fit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-kjh...eature=related

Crash test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntPksBGDgFI

As for adults: I dont fit into many seatbelts properly either, but the difference between me and an 8-9-10-11yr old is that I've gone through puberty and therefore have better developed hip bones that hold up in a crash more than a younger child's would.

Also, the 'belt across the neck' is the least amount of worry as far as the 5-step test. The main issue with the seatbelt cutting across the neck is that kids may decide its uncomfortable and put it under their arm, behind them, or off their shoulder making the seatbelt unsafe. So, for adults its may be annoying, but its not really a safety concern.

My son is super tiny, he is 3 and 25# and 35" (guessing on his height, he is just under 3'). He is rearfacing in his seat right now obviously, but when he goes into a booster, he will stay in one until he either a. passes the 5-step test, or b. goes through puberty AND passes most of the 5-step test, the main point being the belt fit across the lap. Although, if he doesnt complain he will stay in the booster until he passes all of the 5-step.

For those going by 'the law' alone, remember that the law is the bare minimum for safety standard, and in many states isnt even even close to the minimum as recommended by carseat techs and supported by crash test evidence.
My child is NOT a minimum.
#84 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My 9.5 yo is not in a booster-she's really tall, though. My 8.5 yo son is in the high back booster still, though.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#85 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM

My daughters are 7 and 8, and both are in boosters. The only person who has ever given them grief over it is their GRANDMOTHER. They don't ride in a car with her anymore.

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#86 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM

First, I would like to remind everyone to remain calm when discussing car-seat safety. I understand it is a real passion for many people, but direct attacks are never permissable. Some posts have been right on the edge of "okay"--- I would hate to close the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
This is the '5 step' for when its ok to move your child from a 5pt harness into a booster seat:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=38893
I hate examples of one size fits all:

Quote:
Cognitive ability associated with the necessary attention span to use a booster correctly does not even begin to develop until at least 4 years old.
This makes me My son had the cognitive ability to sit still and play chess at barely 2, he definetly had the necessary attention span to sit in a booster at the same age (he didn't sit in a booster, but not everyone has the same attention span and to say that it is impossible just annoys me).

Both of my children are out of boosters at this point. DD is 5'2.5" and over 100 lbs. She was in a booster through 4th grade and then transitioned out. We didn't have her take her booster on field trips in 4th grade. While she still fit in the booster when we took her out, I felt she was safer without. She was getting to a height where she seemed top-heavy in a low-backed booster--- she looked extremly likely to hit her head on the window if jarred from the side. She had no problem passing the 5 point test in the van.

DS transitioned out of a booster over the summer. He turned 9 at the end of the summer. He is NOT tall. He is about 4'5" and 65 lbs. I had explained to him why he still needed the booster (passing the 5 point test). He then proceeded to experiment and realized if he sat in the middle seat in the middle row of our (8-passenger) van he could easily pass the 5 point test. So, he asked if he sat there all the time, could he go without a booster. And I agreed. And, logically, since he can pass the test he is SAFER without the booster than with (because that seat is thinner than the other seats, it goes captains seat,middle, captains) we never put a booster there BUT the middle seat in the middle row is the furthest from any car sides making it safer.

So, I had an 8 year old who was not in a booster. And I don't regret it at all. While, IRL, virtually no one questioned my decision to have him sit without a booster (well, two of my friends did because they know I am into car safety and make *their* kids ride in boosters in my car, lol) I wish that the people on line would consider that my decision MAY have been an actual decision and not just a mindless conformity thing.

#87 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 09:11 PM

The law here is minimum 8 years old or 80 lbs or 4 foot 9 inches. Mine will be in a child seat until at least the minimums of the law. Right now they are all in convertibles, My 4 year old rearfacing, 2.5 year old rearfacing, 14 month old rearfacing and 5 year old harnessed forward facing. I know some who don't even have their kids harnessed at 2, I know some who forward faced at 6 monthes, I know some who skip the car seat altogether. these are parents who love their kids and want them to be safe but just choose to do what is easy. I don't care if it is not easy will be doing the safest as long as I can.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#88 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGG View Post
Haven't read all the responses yet, but I had to laugh reading the first couple who said my child's in a booster but is on the small side. My son, age 7, is in a booster and he's in the 99% for height. But he still needs a booster...I'm thinking next summer when my son is 8 he's likely to be fitting in some seats properly. But even in the 99% for height I'm not positive of that.

I think this way when I see some of my son's Pre-K classmates riding in their parents' cars without even a booster. My DS is 4.5 years old, ~54lbs and ~47" tall. He is THE biggest kid in his class and he's still in a harnessed seat.

I bought the Frontier specifically because I knew he would be big but still need a harnessed seat. As a matter of fact, I just switched his seat over from LATCH to the seatbelt (what a freakin' PAIN!!!) and adjusted his straps. (The Frontier makes the strap adjustment super easy as long as the seat is not secured.)

He's looking forward to the day when he can use the grown-up seatbelts. He has friends who use LBB and thinks that is SO COOL! We had a bit of a chat about it ending with "I am not Morgan's Mom; I am YOUR Mom."
#89 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 PM

My 11 year old twins are still in boosters, one in a LB Clek and one in a HB Parkway because they had different comfort needs. They are tiny and we kid that they will need them when they are in high school. My 8 year old just transitioned out of a Frontier into a HBB. My 5 year old will inherit the Frontier-everyone is jealous because it is so comfy. I like it because he can stay in a 5 point harness-he is in no way capable of sitting still all of the time as is necessary with a booster.
If I could have gotten away without boosters, I would have. We have to fit 5 carseats/boosters in my 7 passenger Sienna. The kids don't fit well in the seats without them yet, though.

wave.gif
#90 of 99 Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 PM

DS just stopped using his booster this week, when I checked how he fit in both the vehicle seatbelts (yup, he fits now) and the HBB (oops, his shoulders are too high and I can't raise the booster anymore.) He's about 4'7", but most of his height is in his torso, not his legs. He's too tall for the turbobooster.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page