Smaller car - need suggestions for smaller carseats - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-17-2010, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone recommend a good carseat that's also on the smaller side? We just bought a Ford Fiesta and are needing a second carseat. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-17-2010, 01:47 PM

What age, weight and height is the child?

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#3 of 5 Old 10-17-2010, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

You mean you can't read my mind?!? ;-) Sorry.

He is 19 mos, 23 pounds. Not sure the height - I'd have to look it up.
#4 of 5 Old 10-17-2010, 05:29 PM

I haven't been in a fiesta in a while, but ds2's efta fits wonderfully in our civic. As does the complete air (both rfing, though I'm sure they'd also fit fine ff)... the truefits fairly large, so I doubt it'd fit... or a radian. Maybe a cocorro? I've heard they're pretty small.
#5 of 5 Old 10-17-2010, 07:46 PM

While Britax seats are expensive, one great benefit is how easy it is to install them RF in small cars. We easily got a Marathon and Boulevard RF for DS in small 2-door cars. An older child, like yours, can ride at a more upright angle, so that the seat takes up less front-to-back room. The new ones have 40 pound RF limits, though most kids will outgrow it RF by height before weight.

The Complete Air is very tall, but installs quite upright without a hassle, so you might have luck with that one too. Also a 40 pound RF limit, but a taller shell allows kids to actually get to 40 pounds before outgrowing it!

The Coccoro is super cute and compact, but it is small, with a 33 pound RF limit and a short shell. It might not be the best, since you wouldn't get a lot of RF time left, and you'd likely have to buy another FF harnessed seat since DS would outgrow it before being ready for a booster.

What about checking out a MyRide? 40 pound RF limit, shell height is in between the Britax and Complete Air.

Do you have a Babies R Us nearby? They'll let you take the seats to your car to see if they fit! (Then, find a better price and order your seats online )

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page