miniature tea sets - Mothering Forums
Family Safety > miniature tea sets
Anna's Lovey's Avatar Anna's Lovey 03:49 PM 10-19-2010
Anyone know where I can get a miniature tea set (not plastic) that is ok for kids to eat and drink out of?
Thanks!

robugmum's Avatar robugmum 02:11 AM 10-20-2010
I think IKEA usually has them
mamasthree's Avatar mamasthree 11:56 AM 10-20-2010
We have this set...I got it at TJ Maxx. Hearthsong has a ladybug set.
ellairiesmom's Avatar ellairiesmom 12:29 PM 10-20-2010
I was going to search on this topic this week...a friend of mine got our 3 yo DD a Schylling Porcelain set that comes in a picnic basket but I remember discussions here on Schylling & their safety records with paint recalls, lead etc. I fell in love with one of their tin sets last year & didn't buy it after reading something here or checking healthytoys-can't remember which.
I think I might return the gift. She is obsessed with setting up picnics all over the house so it is perfect, but I don't know I can trust their toys for drinking out of. I might just hunt for a cute little picnic basket she can put stuff in herself.

That being said, I know you don't want plastic, but we LOVE our Green Toys recycled plastic tea set. It's not "tiny" but it is definitely toddler sized. She can play with real water, bring it in the tub, bring it outside...and I know it's safe which is huge for me.

We also have the Plan Toys wooden set. It is ADORABLE & tiny but it is wood so I worry when she plays with real water in it. I have let her, but definitely not tea or juice.

As you can see, we have a DD who LOVES tea sets & kitchen play. lol
ellairiesmom's Avatar ellairiesmom 12:32 PM 10-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by robugmum View Post
I think IKEA usually has them
IKEA has an ADORABLE tiny white porcelain set...and sooooo cheap!!! I saw it there around the holidays last year but forgot about that. THANKS Rogugmum!
IKEA's stuff does tend to be safe since they have Euro standards to meet on tons of it.
chrstene's Avatar chrstene 03:40 PM 10-20-2010
I posted about this a few months ago when I was looking for my daughter's first tea set for her birthday. I finally narrowed it down to Green Toys and IKEA. I ended up getting the IKEA one because we were going there that week for something else, and it was HALF the price. Well, she LOVES it. It is adorable. I feel safe with her eating/drinking out of it. Her little brother is 2 and although it is porcelain it is very very durable. We even got the matching dishes/bowls, etc...great set ! will last her for years to come.

hope that helps a bit too.
tallulahma's Avatar tallulahma 06:26 PM 10-20-2010
we have the ikea set and they love it!
CowsRock's Avatar CowsRock 06:45 PM 10-20-2010
I can't find the IKEA set on their site, does anyone have the link?
ellairiesmom's Avatar ellairiesmom 09:52 PM 10-20-2010
chrstene's Avatar chrstene 11:39 PM 10-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellairiesmom View Post
YES that is it !
tallulahma's Avatar tallulahma 12:13 AM 10-21-2010
yep thats the one we have too!
jellybeanandkids's Avatar jellybeanandkids 10:30 AM 10-21-2010
I love the IKEA set, I so wish we had an IKEA closer to us. Or maybe not, I'd spend all our money there.
CowsRock's Avatar CowsRock 05:16 PM 10-21-2010
Oh ok, I did see that set, but there isn't a teapot. The teapot is his favorite part of a tea set.
samstress's Avatar samstress 05:02 AM 10-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrstene View Post
I posted about this a few months ago when I was looking for my daughter's first tea set for her birthday. I finally narrowed it down to Green Toys and IKEA...
i got dd the green toys set. she loves it (and so do i).
CowsRock's Avatar CowsRock 10:19 AM 10-24-2010
I think we'll end up going with the Green Toys set also since it has a teapot. Cool!
Artichokie's Avatar Artichokie 10:50 PM 10-25-2010
I'm thinking about getting this one but I need to research it further.
Festive Ware
bella99's Avatar bella99 11:01 PM 10-25-2010
My daughter has a set from The Land of Nod. Comes with 4 cups, 4 saucers, a tea kettle, creamer, and sugar cup.

Very cute.
Up