3 seat in the third row of my van? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 07 Chrysler Town and Country and I would like to fit three seats in the third row. One needs to be rear facing, the other two could forward face. Right now I have a 37lb 5 yr old in a FF Regent, a 32lb 3 yr old in a FF Marathon and a 23lb 20 mo old in a RF Roundabout. and these seats do not come close to fitting in the third row.

Does anyone know if three radians would fit back there? I asked our local carseat tech and he said three seats wouldn't fit in the third row of this van but that he had never installed a Radian before.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#2 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
You *might* be able to do FF Radian, FF Marathon, RF Roundabout.

If you need to buy new seats, three Radians would probably work, but hopefully we can work something out where you don't need to buy three spendy seats.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#3 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 08:56 PM

There are certain combinations that would probablywork, but you'll likely need all new seats.
3 Radians probably wont do it. even though the seat is the narrowest per se, what happens is that some seats, which are wider overall, can overlap and therefore you can fit 2 larger seats together in a tighter combination than 2 narrower seats..does that make sense?

I am pretty sure you can 2 FFing radians outboard with a RFing Titan in the center. A my ride might also work in the center, which would give you a taller shell and more weight rearfacing. I got that combo to work in my friends caravan, and i think the rear rows are basically the same.

CPST
#4 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 09:47 PM

In my caravan I fit 3 seats in the 3rd row for my daycare. I can put 2 of the narrow FF seats that turn into boosters (I don't use them as boosters) and a rear facing seat of any type back there......or I can fit 3 sceneras in just about any configuration. 3 radians would absolutely fit if one was rearfacing.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page