Phil&Teds and Jogging - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2010, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are there any joggers out there with a Phil&Teds?
How is it working for you doing lite jogging. I'm really a cyclist, but have to wait 2 or possibly 3 more months until DS2 (10 months tomorrow) can safely hold a helmet on his head. The trailer doesn't convert to a jogger. (Unless someone converted the Burley Bee to a Jogger. According to their Website it's not compatible.) I don't like to get another double stroller, for financial as well as space issues. I was wondering how the Phil&Teds would hold up. Any experiences? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Yeah...I am 5ft tall and I still kicked the back seat running, it didn't work for me at all...I bought a cheap used baby trend double and used it instead. That worked great!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Old 11-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Teh Phil and Ted's is not a running stroller and I wouldn't use it as one. It is substantially different to my BOB Revolution which is an awesome runnign stroller.

What about getting a Chariot or other bike trailer that you can run with.

Leila, mama to Eleanor (10/08) and Emmett (4/10)

Visit my blog! www.rookblog.com

Old 11-08-2010, 04:31 AM

I am not a runner, but I can vouch for the fact that a P&T's is NOT a jogging stroller.

Tjej
Old 11-08-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjej View Post
I am not a runner, but I can vouch for the fact that a P&T's is NOT a jogging stroller.

Tjej

Agreed. I have a P&T and LOVE it, but it's definitey not a jogging stroller. I kick the back seat when walking, let alone running. In a pinch I've used it, but it's really not ideal. I have a vague memory that the instruction manual specifies that it's not safe for running with.

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
Old 11-08-2010, 11:27 AM

It's also tippier than a proper runnign stroller and the wheels are smaller.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Maybe we're not talking about the same stroller? But I run with my Phil and Teds (side by side) double stroller. I'm 5'7" and I never kick the stroller. It turns easily and is WAY easier to run with than the proper "jogging" stroller my sister had for her dd.

I run with a 35# almost 4yo and a 22# 1yo. They slow me down a little, but I haven't had any trouble with the stroller itself. This is my stroller.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:39 PM

We are talking the same one. With my BOB there was no way you could tip it whereas with my P and T you can.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 PM

I trained for a half-marathon after my first son was born and used the Phil and Ted for smaller runs (3 miles and under). It worked fine for me with one rider. I've done a little bit of running with two in tow and I never kicked the lower seat, but it was pretty darn heavy- I wouldn't be able to handle hills for sure. I'm not sure if it's "unsafe" as far as the tipping goes, I never had an issue with it tipping though.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:43 PM

My husband bought me the phil & teds vibe 2010 version, with the doubles kit. I am very active so I needed something compact, durable and manuverable. At first this stroller seemed okay, not great, but okay. But as the kids grew in height and weight it became a nightmare to push. I used my stroller mainly for rollerblading, and off road trail hiking. This stroller was never meant to touch anything except very smooth pavement. Recently, it began to get the shimmies. It started as a little tremor, but now is so bad, that unless you are walking (slowly) it is too dangerous to put the kids in.

Buy a BOB! The warranty is great and they make amazing stuff.

I would never recommend our phil&teds. It cost about $800 and was a complete disappointment, a TOTAL waste of money

Old 11-10-2011, 08:49 PM

Have you checked REI? I know they have a trailer/stroller conversion kit. to tow the kids behind you. Also I've seen ones that put the kid in front of the riders seat

User Tag List