Polyethylene mattress wrap?????? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-03-2010, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So after a ton of researching into safe (and affordable) mattress protectors, not only am I without a mattress pad but I am also very very worried about sleeping on our apparently very toxic mattress.

So I came across this: http://www.offgassing-mattress-wraps.com/mattress-wraps.htm which seems basically like the BabeSafe polyethylene mattress wraps they use in NZ but fits adult beds. Has anyone researched this or used one?? The idea of sleeping on more plastic (which in my mind = more chemicals) is not very comforting but so far this is the best (again, affordable) solution I can find.

We have a family bed & I want it to be safe... and protect against DS's various bodily fluids....

ETA: apparently it's noisy to sleep on too which ummmm probably WON'T help DS sleep better......... maybe that's why it supposedly prevents 'crib death', the poor kids don't fall asleep in the first place...

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#2 of 3 Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 AM

Did you purchase one of these wraps? We're considering one now, and I'm wondering what you thought.  Thanks!

#3 of 3 Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 PM

I purchased one for my son's twin mattress. It is very "crunchy" despite the layers and layers of cotton blankets I put over it. It needs a mattress topper which is almost a thousand dollars...bummer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page