Car seats. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2010, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone heard of a Britax seat which only rearfaces to 20 lbs? It's not a bucket seat, it's a convertable seat. A friend at work was asking about it because her seat says "Do not rearface child over 20lbs" Her son is only 7 months old and weighs 19 lbs, so she is worried. She knows not to FF until AT LEAST 1 year. It FF over 20 lbs, (Not sure of the limit) so why wouldn't RF to more than 20 lbs? She doesn't want to buy a new seat, she bought this one to last a while...She's supposed to bring the manual in to me for me to look at..Maybe she's misunderstanding what she read. (I hope.) Has anyone heard of this????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

She is likely misinterpreting the words on the label, which are "Must be used rear-facing ONLY for children under 20 pounds."  This means that children under 20 pounds can ONLY be rearfacing:  it does not mean that ONLY children under 20 pounds can be rearfacing.

There is no Britax convertible with a 20# RFing limit:  the limits are 30# (Canada), 33#, 35#, or 40#.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I hate they way they word that bit of information on seats.  It's needlessly confusing.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

That's a relief! I'll still take a look at her manual and try and help her understand it. It didn't make sense to me. She came into work after her son's doctor's appointment in a bit of a panic.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:38 PM

If she's still nervous, I'm sure britax has a customer service number or something you could call just to verify things, if that would set her mind at ease.

User Tag List