need seat for travel, too tall for scenara - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So in March DS (2) and I will be tagging along on my dh's business trip to Australia.  I don't want to lug one of our true fit's around the airport, so am thinking we will buy another seat and then give it to my IL's for when they babysit.  

So today we went to Target and I sat him in a Scenara, and he's too tall to RF in it, and if he's gonna FF I figure get something that we'll get a little more use out of.  From what they had there I was looking at the Evenflo Maestro.  But figured I was missing something.

DS will be 2.25, probably 30lbs or so at the time of the trip.  He was 34" at his 2yo appointment, I would say he's tallish, skinny, and his height is mostly torso. For the seat I'm mostly concerned that it fit in an airplane seat pretty easily,  be reasonably easy to install (dunno what we'll be getting in a rental) and not too heavy (we'll probably be meeting dh there and I am a serious weakling).  Price is an object but we're not on too serious a budget.

#2 of 3 Old 12-31-2010, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Very few 34" children are too tall to RF in a Scenera, but if he is, then the Maestro would work fine.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#3 of 3 Old 12-31-2010, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

If you want to keep him rfing and can spend a bit more, the complete air is very light and easy to travel with and will last a long time.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page