UPDATE Orig Post-Walmart Faded Glory Organic baby pjs-recalled? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Update-Walmart got back to me.  They found the paperwork & it turns out they were recalled for "long strings in the footsies".  Not awful-I will keep mine & periodically check them & trim.

I try to avoid Walmart, but times are rough with DH out of work so I have been picking up the $5 organic cotton pjs for dd2 made by Faded Glory.  The other day I had 2 at the register & they said they couldn't sell me one of them because it came up recalled???? But no one there could tell me why & I haven't been able to find out online anywhere yet.  I am curious plus have several others & want to make sure they are ok.  I keep wondering if there is lead in the zipper.  

Anyone hear anything??  

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!
#2 of 11 Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 PM

My DD is wearing some right now... Please post if you figure out what it is (and I'll do the same).  Hope that was a fluke!  :(

#3 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM

I've googled this in like four different directions, and I'm not finding anything. I think if a big company like Walmart was recalling something, it'd be out there someplace. All I found was a Faded Glory recall from 2008 that was for lip gloss and jewelry. Could it have been a glitch in the computer system maybe? I'm going to keep my eyes open-- I just bought a few of these for a friend. Also, my three year old has Faded Glory pjs (probably not the same ones, but they DO have a zipper). So I'm wondering.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#4 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah-I'm getting a little frustrated that I can't find anything.  The associate at the register didn't speak english well.  She said if I needed more info, I would need to ask a Mgr but then there wasn't one nearby.  But she checked it twice & it came up recalled.  

I am wondering if the wrong tag had been attached to it.  Maybe I should just run back in there Monday & find out for real.  

I'll keep ya posted.  :)

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!
#5 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 02:43 PM

You know, I was trying to buy a Lego bin from the toy section at Walmart the other day, and the same thing happened to me. It came up "recalled". I haven't found anything online about it either. We have some of those organic pjs too. I'm hoping it is  some strange Walmart computer thing, and not a real recall.

#6 of 11 Old 03-09-2011, 08:11 PM

I was there today and had specifically gone to buy more of these. Love the zippers vs. snaps! They were pulling them off the shelves en masse and also said thay have been recalled. Funniest thing? My son was born Jan 7, 2011, and all of these I have bought have been SINCE you guys posted about this. I, too, cannot find anything about the recall online. I will, however, be taking mine back to Walmart for a refund. Let me know if you have more info! Thanks!

#7 of 11 Old 03-09-2011, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

subbign... my dad just bought my  newborn a pair-- said they were only a buck! I wonder whats going on with them?

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#8 of 11 Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Ya know...I forgot all about this (OP here) and also forgot I had sent walmart an email & never heard back.  I am on the phone with the 1/800 # now.  I happened to keep the tags on the last pair I purchased & gave her the sku but she is having a hard time finding anything.  We both googled it & now there are other msg boards talking about it but no one knows why.  I would think it has to be either a mistake, lead in the zipper/snap or not meeting flame res. stds???

She's getting a supervisor...we'll see what happens.

#9 of 11 Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Nope-no one at Corporate can answer & I called a store nearby & they can't tell me anything either.  A supervisor is looking into it.  She did say she could see in the system that they wont be ordering them anymore but she doesn't know why, can't find out anything about why they were recalled and also can't provide me with any answer on how I could return them & get my $ back since they don't all come up as being recalled.

Very, VERY frustrating.  I am also annoyed because a few times I paid $5/pair & a few times I paid $7/pair.  I don't know whether to let DD2 keep wearing them or what...

#10 of 11 Old 03-10-2011, 03:15 PM

I used to work in a retail setting like Wal-Mart.  I'm guessing this was not a safety recall, but rather a decision to no longer carry and item.  In the system it would show up as 'recalled' as in recalled to the main warehouse, where the items would be sold to another store (think Big Lots type store).  It was a big hassle, because we wouldn't get notified to pull the item, but suddenly we wouldn't be able to ring the item up anymore to sell it. 

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#11 of 11 Old 03-18-2011, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

bump for update from walmart

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page