Toilet Lock- ugh - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-31-2011, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've done several searches online and on here and have read some of the older posts pertaining to this (I think the latest was from a year or so ago?) but- are there any decent toilet locks out there? I was looking at one from KidCo- http://www.amazon.com/KidCo-KID-S370-Toilet-Lock/dp/B000067Q6S and Mommy's Little Helper- http://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-Toilet-Seat-Lid-Lok/dp/B000GE1MEI/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_img_in (The Safety 1st one just seems to be junk), and that seemed to be about it for options, and both with just so-so reviews. Is there another product out there I don't know about, or am I stuck between these two? And if so, which do you recommend? (I know that not everyone uses these, but I think one is necessary for our family due to our bathroom/laundry room setup and a 13 month old who is obsessed with the toilet...). 

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-01-2011, 04:04 AM

We tried the safety 1st and the mommy's little helper.  No luck at all, we couldn't make it lock, even with two engineers and my very mechanical father on the job.  They were very similar design, and not a very good one, IMO.  Seems very dependent on the exact shape of your toilet.  Maybe the KidCo one would work, it looks like a different design. 

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif
#3 of 6 Old 02-01-2011, 05:05 AM

A piece of duct tape worked wonders for us.  It didn't need to be used for long b/c ds got tired of trying to open it.

#4 of 6 Old 02-01-2011, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

haha! That's awesome.That may be the best way to go at this point, since it seems like everything on the market is overpriced and under performs...

#5 of 6 Old 02-03-2011, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I'm not sure if it was Kidco brand, but we used that general type of lock for maybe 3 years?  Between the two kids 16 months apart, those things were on so long we forgot about taking them off.  I had no complaints about them except that they were pretty good locks for keeping grandparents and older guests out of the toilet as well. 

Ours attached with bolts to where the lid attaches - a friend had one with an arm that attached with adhesive somewhere and that was crappy.

#6 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 03:44 PM

The kidco one worked great for us. I liked how it didn't touch the germy parts of the toilet.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page