Radian fabric choices - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2011, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not a safety issue, but since this seems to be the "carseat forum"...I am on the fence about a Radian XTSL for DD to go in our Prius next to a Chicco Keyfit 30 for the new baby.

Can anyone comment on the Radian fabrics, specifically the microfiber/velour versus the mesh (Flora or Bentley versus the red Nitro)

Thanks!

ETA I am leaning toward the red Nitro (cooler mesh) because we may be moving somewhere VERY hot in the summers, even though I have heard that the mesh tends to snag on velcro shoes, etc. Mesh is polyester, but then again, it's not like the microfiber velour is a natural fabric either... headscratch.gif

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 02:30 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We have a rear-facing Radian in a Prius in Eclipse and live in Southern California. No problem with it being particularly hot. Repells gross stuff fairly well.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We have the Nitro and it's very cool.  No problems with snags but it seems to really hold onto food spills.  I also have an 80SL in Primrose, which is the velour.  It faded a LOT in the sun and DD seemed to sweat more.

DD 2/08
Old 04-20-2011, 09:02 AM

We have an Eclipse (mesh) in one car and it was held up well.  We have a Shadow XTSL in my car and it is neither mesh nor microfiber, it's this really nice almost silky(?) seeming fabric that wipes easily and looks super fabulous.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:27 PM

though i would bump this thread up and see if now that these latest seats have been out for a while folks had good or bad opinions on the various fabric choises?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

User Tag List