Safe and Affordable Baby Doll for Toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-09-2011, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD is in love with baby dolls. We have a couple simple cloth ones she likes and just got her a stroller for her dolls and she wants to stroll eveyrwhere now.  However she wants a more realisticdoll- today in the middle of a birthday party, she left the fun to go play withfour baby dolls, putting them to bed, feeding them, changing clothes etc. When we got the stroller at target, she was looking in awe at all the plastic-type baby dolls with awe.

So I'm thinking we should get one for turning 2 in a week but I'm concerend about the plastic, phthalates, BPA etc. Not sure if its possible to figure out the platsic recycling no.s on dolls! I'm looking on amazon and target- wanting something she will love, that is affordable, and that will not cause her harm.

Any suggestions or ideas?

The circo one at target I know she loves, for sure they are affordable andh have affordable clothes too but I dont really trust their safety and havent been able to google any info.

I though Melissa and doug have a better safety track record but apparently theirs really smell.

Looked at Corolle on amazon and these look more promising and are made in France but each outfit is 20 bucks!!!

Cant wait to hear from anyone who can help. Thank you! Thank you!

#2 of 4 Old 07-11-2011, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Got the smallest corolle so more affordable but no pvc, phthalates etc.. Just in case anyone else is interested. These are made in france and have the stricter EU regulations to abide by.

#3 of 4 Old 07-11-2011, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

We have the small corelle doll with total soft body.  My dd (who just turned 2, got it for christmas when she was 1 1/2) just LOVES it!  Best part is it's completely machine washable.  Hope you like yours too.  We have this one:  http://us.corolle.com/products/Babipouce-Pink-Striped

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#4 of 4 Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

We got the Corolle Calin for dd's first baby doll. From what I've heard, Corolle makes the least toxic of the plastic-headed dolls. Depending where you buy, the price varies a TON. $20-$40+. This is the best I've seen: http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Premier-Calin-Charming-Pastel/dp/B000AM2L1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310410323&sr=8-1

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page