DS can unlatch his chest clip..what to do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Title pretty much sums it up. We have 2 different seats..the Evenflo Symphony 65 with a "button" clip, and a Safety 1st..that the model slips my mind at the moment, but it has a pinch together clip. Our DS can get both undone.He will be 2 on the 25th of this month. What solutions do I have?

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 PM

My DD did this once.  I noticed it when I went to take her out.  I told her very seriously that its   dangerous and Mommy could get in big trouble!  She never did it again.  My nephew once was able to pull the clip down and some how got his arms out.  I pulled over immediatley and calmly told him the same.  And that if he wanted to go to the park, then he HAD to stay in his seat and buckle b/c it's dangerous and he could get hurt!!!  He only did it that one time.  

Mommy to 3 gifts from God! 
Nate dog 5/15/04
Lil' G 11/8/07
My Shamrock 3/17/10
ribbonpink.gif
Old 08-03-2011, 01:24 PM

Put some sticky back velcro on it, the rough.  Some kids won't mess with it because of the pokey-ness. 

Old 08-03-2011, 02:15 PM

My dd just figured it out too. We have done a few things:

1. freaked out big time and scared her (not intentionally, but just sort of a natural consequence type thing)

2. make sure she has something to do and occupy her hands in the car - books, little toys, etc.

3. I made my dd a little boat out of an old shampoo bottle and "seatbelted" her doll in with a hair tie. With his little seatbelt, he couldn't fall out, but without it, he wouldn't stay in. Talked to her about how her seatbelt works the same way and it's important so she doesn't fall out of the car. 

4. Let her buckle it at the beginning of the trip.

She seems to get it and hasn't done it again (yet).

User Tag List