Britax Advocate 70 vs Frontier 85 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We were recently in a minor car accident and need to replace a seat. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best option for us.

I have 2 kids:

DS1 is 2 1/2, 39 inches, and 32 lbs and is currently riding (just turned him FF) in Radian XL and occasionally in a True Fit Premier

DS2 is 15 months, 20ish lbs, and 30 inches. He is riding RF in his True Fit Premier.

Right now I have to change DS2's car seat every time we take DH's car.  I am thinking about keeping both of the True Fit's RF in each vehicle for DS2.  What would be the best seat for DS1??? I LOVE my radian except that when DS1 fall's asleep his head almost always tips forward.  I love that is is small (narrow) therefore doesn't take up a lot of room, and is easy for DS1 to get in and out of since it is level with the seat.

I like that if I bought the frontier it would likely be the last seat I would have to buy for DS1.  I'm just wondering if he is too young to put into a combination seat.. Would I be jeopardizing his safety?

Wifey to my DH 9/2005 and always busy SAHM  to my beautiful boys  twins.gif   Elijah 12/2008 and Caeleb 6/2010
Our baby girl  stork-girl.gif is arriving October 2012!!!

#2 of 3 Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Using the harness in a combination seat is just as safe as using the harness ffing in a convertible.  If you aren't going to use the seat rfing, then the frontier (or a nautilus or a maestro) makes the most sense.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 3 Old 09-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

PP is exactly right.  There's no step down in safety between a forwarding facing convertible and a harnessed combo seat.  I'd get the Frontier as well

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page