Fitting 3 across in a 2004 Toyota Matrix - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-20-2011, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We currently have 2 children (3.25 and 1).  DD1 was RF until a month ago and we want to keep DD2 RFing for that long.  Planning on having another in  about a year or so.  Right now we have a Kia Sedona and the Toyota Matrix, but are looking to downsize to only the Matrix.  Can we fit 3 seats across in the Matrix, 2 of them being RFing?  I would love to use the seats we have now and not have to purchase anything else:

2008-Chicco Keyfit 30

2008- Recaro Signo

2009- Sunshine Kids Raidan 80

2010- Complete Air

2011- Britax Frontier

Boy, that is alot of carseats for my 2 kids.

Anyways,  any hope for us?  We need (want) 2 of the seats to be RFing.  Doesn't really matter the position of who sits where.

Thanks!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#2 of 3 Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would try RF keyfit/FF radian/RF Complete Air. The FF child could climb in before you snap the keyfit onto the base. Not sure if it would work, but those seem to be the 3 narrowest seats you have, fo would be worth a shot. My grandma has an 04 Matrix, but as I only have 2 children right now, I havent messed too much with getting a 3 across yet.

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

#3 of 3 Old 09-24-2011, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have a 2004 Vibe, which is essentially the same car. Using a Radian allows me enough room that the other two seats aren't so critical. I did FFing Marathon/RFing Radian/Booster. Now, that said, I'm not sure you'll get a Frontier to work. I would try KeyFit/FFing Radian/Complete Air. You might be able to swap the Complete Air for the Signo if it's next to the Radian.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page