Mothering Forum banner

Fitting 3 across in a 2004 Toyota Matrix

909 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MacKinnon 
#1 ·
We currently have 2 children (3.25 and 1). DD1 was RF until a month ago and we want to keep DD2 RFing for that long. Planning on having another in about a year or so. Right now we have a Kia Sedona and the Toyota Matrix, but are looking to downsize to only the Matrix. Can we fit 3 seats across in the Matrix, 2 of them being RFing? I would love to use the seats we have now and not have to purchase anything else:

2008-Chicco Keyfit 30

2008- Recaro Signo

2009- Sunshine Kids Raidan 80

2010- Complete Air

2011- Britax Frontier

Boy, that is alot of carseats for my 2 kids.

Anyways, any hope for us? We need (want) 2 of the seats to be RFing. Doesn't really matter the position of who sits where.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I would try RF keyfit/FF radian/RF Complete Air. The FF child could climb in before you snap the keyfit onto the base. Not sure if it would work, but those seem to be the 3 narrowest seats you have, fo would be worth a shot. My grandma has an 04 Matrix, but as I only have 2 children right now, I havent messed too much with getting a 3 across yet.

#3 ·
We have a 2004 Vibe, which is essentially the same car. Using a Radian allows me enough room that the other two seats aren't so critical. I did FFing Marathon/RFing Radian/Booster. Now, that said, I'm not sure you'll get a Frontier to work. I would try KeyFit/FFing Radian/Complete Air. You might be able to swap the Complete Air for the Signo if it's next to the Radian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.