need some carseat advise, are radians a good choice? Model help too please :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-29-2011, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a very large almost 10 month old that I am looking to buy a convertible carseat for. She has past the weight limit for her infant seat, and so I am hoping for something that will last us up to booster age.

Our van has been modified to accommodate my older daughters wheelchair, so the seats are not factory and therefore do not have a complete latch system. They do have the latch hooks between the seat back and bottom but nowhere to hook the tether straps. They are also narrower than standard (19 inches) and much closer to the door of the van.

Because of that, I was thinking of a radian. I saw one in person and it was REALLY heavy! How do they work for rear facing kids? I worried that because of the weight of it that it would tip back/down. Also, I am trying to decide between the 80 and the 80 and the XT. I can't decide if I want the headwings or not. On the one hand I like the extra safety but on the other I think they would bother me and/or my daughter, and the XT definitely costs more.

Can anyone offer some words of wisdom? I would like to order the seat sometime today :)

Proud mom of three!  Special needs teen princess wheelchair.gif , 7 year old happy girl modifiedartist.gif , and my flower toddlerhearts.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-29-2011, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

The radian is a good seat, but it can be a complicated install in some vehicles.  So make sure you order or buy somewhere where you can return it without paying return shipping.

As for not having upper tethers, you'll need those before any child rides ffing in a harnessed seat.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 3 Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have an XSLT and love it my DD is very tall and 26 m/o and it accommodates her well! It is a heavy seat but it's strong and steel. I'm getting one for the baby on the way...

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page