Looking for three across help... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-09-2011, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Car = 2010 Lexus RX400h (it's the hybrid version, but I think it's the same size as the others).

Kid 1 - FF in harnessed Frontier.  She can technically be in a booster, but I prefer the harness.

Kid 2 - RF in Complete Air. 

Kid 3 (due 1/2012) - Would like to start with a SR so I can pop it in and out quickly while it's still cold out.

I tried this combo with the two oldest outboard and belted in, but I can't wedge the SR between them so there's no way to get to the belt.

I tried a Radian back when Kid 2 was an infant, but the recline would leave the passenger seat unusable (plus it was a nightmare to install!).

Basically, I'm looking for ideas for uber narrow seats for my kids, but I want them to last (for the record, both Kid 1 and Kid 2 are 100%/100% so I need something that can accommodate their body sizes).  OR I just want someone to tell me that this car is not 3 across friendly so I can just resign myself to getting a minivan...

Thanks!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#2 of 4 Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Will kid1 fit in a ffing radian?

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 4 Old 12-11-2011, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for responding, Dahlia.

It appeared that my stress level was approaching an all-time high and my husband went out and bought a minivan to alleviate some of it.  No more worries about car seats!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 4 Old 12-11-2011, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Good!  I LOVE my minivan.  Much easier with 3 kids and lots of room to haul stuff!

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page