Evenflo Big Kid XL Booster - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Booster-Seat-Daisy-Swirl/dp/B004GXA6ME/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ba_2

Anyone have experience with this seat?  My daughter is currently in a Nautilus high back booster, which is ok except she's outgrown the harness and can't do the seat belt.  The seat sits too high and the arm rest in the way so she can't lean over and get the buckle fastened. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's not a horrible seat, but it's not a great one, either.  Doesn't have really anything in terms of head wings (for added side impact protection), can provide a poor lap belt fit, and doesn't adjust very tall.   

In a similar price range, I would definitely suggest the Graco Turbobooster High Back (DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE SCREWS IN THE ARMRESTS!!!!!! THEY ARE NOT OPTIONAL AND CANNOT BE THROWN AWAY!!!!!!!!) as a better alternative.   

I'd also look at the Recaro Vivo, the Recaro Probooster, the Diono Monterey and the Britax Parkway SG/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNicole View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Booster-Seat-Daisy-Swirl/dp/B004GXA6ME/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ba_2

Anyone have experience with this seat?  My daughter is currently in a Nautilus high back booster, which is ok except she's outgrown the harness and can't do the seat belt.  The seat sits too high and the arm rest in the way so she can't lean over and get the buckle fastened. 

CPST
Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

The big concerns are that I want her to be able to move the arm rest so she can reach the buckle to buckle herself in and I don't want to spend a small fortune. 

Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Well, most kids can buckle up just fine without assistance in the boosters I mentioned.   Belt fit is far more important than a child being able to buckle herself in.  But with practice, any typically developing child should be able to buckle in any of the boosters I mentioned before.  

The Graco Turbobooster is 50 dollars, which is in line with the Big Kid, and a much better product in all respects.   How old is your child?  A child who has just outgrown the Nautilus harnessed will likely need a booster for the next 4 or 5 years. 

CPST
Old 12-13-2011, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks.  My daughter can not AT ALL buckle the seat she's in now.  There's just no way.  She can undo it, just, because she just has to reach down with one hand and push.  We are taking FOREVER in the car line at school, we hold up the line every day (and now they are having me pull into a space, put her in, hold up the line so I can back out, and then leave because it was taking THAT long).  I don't know how every other kid manages to deal with whatever kind of seat they have and we are seriously struggling.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:49 AM

The Nautilus is tricky due to its size and spread.   The boosters I mentioned are not cut like the Nautilus at all.

CPST

User Tag List