Carseat recommendations for ff 3.5 year olds - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-27-2011, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We were involved in an accident just before Christmas when someone ran a stop sign and slammed into our vehicle.  Thankfully we were all OK but the vehicle will probably be a write off and I need to replace our carseats.

My older two are in highback Graco turbo boosters so it's easy for me to replace those.

My younger two are 3.5 years old and 35-38lbs.  They are both fairly tall.  They are (or were) ff in True Fits.  We are comfortable with them being ff.  It's been about 3 years since I last looked at seats so I'm looking for some recent info.  I'm not sure if we should go with a forward facing converts to a booster model (Nautilus maybe) or else just a forward facing model and buying a highback booster later as we are happy enough with the Graco boosters.  Can someone please give me the names of a few models that would fit my children?  I would need to spend approximately the same amount of money as we spent on the True Fit's as insurance is replacing them. 

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#2 of 3 Old 12-27-2011, 05:56 PM

There are currently no forward facing only harnessed seats on the market, only combination (harness-to-booster) seats.   

For you, I would look at the Evenflo Maestros, Graco Nautilus, Graco Argos, Recaro ProSports or Britax Frontier 85s.  Any of them would be fine :-)

Don't forget to put the screws in the armrests of the Turboboosters...they aren't optional!

CPST
#3 of 3 Old 12-28-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks.  I didn't realize there were only combination seats out there.  We're leaning towards the Nautilus for the younger two.  We like it better than the Maestro, haven't come across the Argos (U.S. only maybe?) and the Britax is out of our price range.  Now I just need to find a place to order online in Canada as our two local stores did not have it available.

We do have the armrests on the turbo boosters screwed in smile.gif.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page