Teathering Rear-Facing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Which seats currently available (so, not discontinued) tether rear-facing?  Input on them would be great!

TIA,

TiredX2

#2 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Britax seats and radians.  The True Fit has an anti-rebound bar as well, which acts similarly.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post

Britax seats and radians.  The True Fit has an anti-rebound bar as well, which acts similarly.

All Britaxes and all Radians? 

Thanks!

#4 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post

All Britaxes and all Radians? 

Thanks!

yes!

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

#5 of 9 Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 PM

The Combi Coccorro can also be tethered rear facing.

Tethering rear facing is a nice feature, but by NO means the be all and end all of what makes a seat the best choice.  As a general rule, I don't recommend the Britax convertibles at all because they're so short.  Average to tall children will outgrow them rear facing far too soon.  Any seat that rear faces longer is a safer option than that. 

CPST
#6 of 9 Old 01-01-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedze View Post

Tethering rear facing is a nice feature, but by NO means the be all and end all of what makes a seat the best choice.  As a general rule, I don't recommend the Britax convertibles at all because they're so short.  Average to tall children will outgrow them rear facing far too soon.  Any seat that rear faces longer is a safer option than that. 

My children are 10 & 13 and we had Britaxes for them.  At this point they are not my go-to recommendation but I remembered recently how I enjoyed the percieved safety of the rear-facing tether.  I'd like to have a seat to recommend to others that are also looking for that feature (and given what I know of some people I would still recommend them--- we have a friend who is turning 5 and is 35" tall, lol, he's gotten a LOT of use out of his Marathon).  I'm glad to hear the Radians also tether rear-facing: those are the seats I generally recommend to people I know will install them correctly AND don't mind spending a large amt of $ on a car seat.

#7 of 9 Old 01-01-2012, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

My children are 10 & 13 and we had Britaxes for them.  At this point they are not my go-to recommendation but I remembered recently how I enjoyed the percieved safety of the rear-facing tether.  I'd like to have a seat to recommend to others that are also looking for that feature (and given what I know of some people I would still recommend them--- we have a friend who is turning 5 and is 35" tall, lol, he's gotten a LOT of use out of his Marathon).  I'm glad to hear the Radians also tether rear-facing: those are the seats I generally recommend to people I know will install them correctly AND don't mind spending a large amt of $ on a car seat.

That 5 year old had one of the classic models of Britax.  They redid them a couple years ago and shortened the shell.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#8 of 9 Old 01-02-2012, 07:10 AM

Unfortunately, the new Britaxes are not the nice styles they used to have.  They are SHORT.   The original Marathon was a beauty especially given when it first hit the market.  The new one just makes me irritated, LOL.

Quote:

alegna likes this.

CPST
#9 of 9 Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedze View Post

Unfortunately, the new Britaxes are not the nice styles they used to have.  They are SHORT.   The original Marathon was a beauty especially given when it first hit the market.  The new one just makes me irritated, LOL.

Interesting.  That said, this particular kid would have been fine in a shorter shell, too.  His sister who is 13 is about the same size as my average sized 10 year old and he (her little brother) is smaller.  They aren't my go to recommendation any more, though, unless the person is planning on quick pass-down time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page