Teathering Rear-Facing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
 
TiredX2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: it appears to be a handbasket
Posts: 20,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Which seats currently available (so, not discontinued) tether rear-facing?  Input on them would be great!

 

TIA,

TiredX2


 

 

TiredX2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 04:52 PM
 
DahliaRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near the beautiful Cascades!
Posts: 6,584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Britax seats and radians.  The True Fit has an anti-rebound bar as well, which acts similarly.


Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
DahliaRW is online now  
#3 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
 
TiredX2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: it appears to be a handbasket
Posts: 20,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post

Britax seats and radians.  The True Fit has an anti-rebound bar as well, which acts similarly.


All Britaxes and all Radians? 

 

Thanks!


 

 

TiredX2 is offline  
#4 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 08:11 PM
 
mama2soren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: slowly making a way home
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post


All Britaxes and all Radians? 

 

Thanks!


yes!


OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

 
 

mama2soren is offline  
#5 of 9 Old 01-01-2012, 01:16 PM
 
Maedze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The Combi Coccorro can also be tethered rear facing.


Tethering rear facing is a nice feature, but by NO means the be all and end all of what makes a seat the best choice.  As a general rule, I don't recommend the Britax convertibles at all because they're so short.  Average to tall children will outgrow them rear facing far too soon.  Any seat that rear faces longer is a safer option than that. 


CPST
Maedze is offline  
#6 of 9 Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
TiredX2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: it appears to be a handbasket
Posts: 20,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedze View Post


Tethering rear facing is a nice feature, but by NO means the be all and end all of what makes a seat the best choice.  As a general rule, I don't recommend the Britax convertibles at all because they're so short.  Average to tall children will outgrow them rear facing far too soon.  Any seat that rear faces longer is a safer option than that. 



My children are 10 & 13 and we had Britaxes for them.  At this point they are not my go-to recommendation but I remembered recently how I enjoyed the percieved safety of the rear-facing tether.  I'd like to have a seat to recommend to others that are also looking for that feature (and given what I know of some people I would still recommend them--- we have a friend who is turning 5 and is 35" tall, lol, he's gotten a LOT of use out of his Marathon).  I'm glad to hear the Radians also tether rear-facing: those are the seats I generally recommend to people I know will install them correctly AND don't mind spending a large amt of $ on a car seat.

 


 

 

TiredX2 is offline  
#7 of 9 Old 01-01-2012, 11:49 PM
 
DahliaRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near the beautiful Cascades!
Posts: 6,584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post



My children are 10 & 13 and we had Britaxes for them.  At this point they are not my go-to recommendation but I remembered recently how I enjoyed the percieved safety of the rear-facing tether.  I'd like to have a seat to recommend to others that are also looking for that feature (and given what I know of some people I would still recommend them--- we have a friend who is turning 5 and is 35" tall, lol, he's gotten a LOT of use out of his Marathon).  I'm glad to hear the Radians also tether rear-facing: those are the seats I generally recommend to people I know will install them correctly AND don't mind spending a large amt of $ on a car seat.

 



That 5 year old had one of the classic models of Britax.  They redid them a couple years ago and shortened the shell.


Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
DahliaRW is online now  
#8 of 9 Old 01-02-2012, 08:10 AM
 
Maedze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Unfortunately, the new Britaxes are not the nice styles they used to have.  They are SHORT.   The original Marathon was a beauty especially given when it first hit the market.  The new one just makes me irritated, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post



My children are 10 & 13 and we had Britaxes for them.  At this point they are not my go-to recommendation but I remembered recently how I enjoyed the percieved safety of the rear-facing tether.  I'd like to have a seat to recommend to others that are also looking for that feature (and given what I know of some people I would still recommend them--- we have a friend who is turning 5 and is 35" tall, lol, he's gotten a LOT of use out of his Marathon).  I'm glad to hear the Radians also tether rear-facing: those are the seats I generally recommend to people I know will install them correctly AND don't mind spending a large amt of $ on a car seat.

 



 


CPST
Maedze is offline  
#9 of 9 Old 01-02-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
 
TiredX2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: it appears to be a handbasket
Posts: 20,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedze View Post


Unfortunately, the new Britaxes are not the nice styles they used to have.  They are SHORT.   The original Marathon was a beauty especially given when it first hit the market.  The new one just makes me irritated, LOL.



Interesting.  That said, this particular kid would have been fine in a shorter shell, too.  His sister who is 13 is about the same size as my average sized 10 year old and he (her little brother) is smaller.  They aren't my go to recommendation any more, though, unless the person is planning on quick pass-down time.

 

 


 

 

TiredX2 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off