S1 by Safety 1st Easy Fit 65 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My mom wants to get the S1 Safety 1st Easy Fit 65 to put in her car for my DD to use. She picked it out solely because it would match the interior of  her car. eyesroll.gif From what I can see, it's an o.k. seat, nothing major jumps out at me as a problem. Anything I'm missing? Super hard to install? Terrible as a FF seat? Terrible as a RF seat? Terrible overall?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#2 of 7 Old 02-05-2012, 01:20 PM

It's small.   orngtongue.gif    Definitely wouldn't be my go-to recommendation.   Will be outgrown early forward and rear facing, definitely a cramped seat.   What's her budget?  What car is it going in?

CPST
#3 of 7 Old 02-05-2012, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

It's going in her Ford Expedition so it's not like she needs it to have a small footprint. She just likes the upholstery on it. This is going for about $100 right now at TRU and they are having their trade-in event so another 25% off. That's about what her budget is. I suggested she just get another Cosco Scenera which is what DD uses in my DH's car but she wanted this one because it matches the cream colored leather in her car.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#4 of 7 Old 02-19-2012, 02:53 AM

I am buying the S1 by Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 Convertible Car Seat today because it goes from rear facing (which I need right now because she is 8 mo. old) to 100 lbs. It also got good ratings.  However i hear they are very large but I am not worried because I have a Jeep Commander.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#5 of 7 Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 AM

There is no such thing as 'good ratings' when it comes to car seats.   Also, it does NOT go to 100 lbs.  That extra weight is for booster mode only, and that seat does NOT make a safe booster.  

It does make a passable rear facing and forward facing convertible (40 lb rear facing limit, nice tall top slots for forward facing).  Just don't ever plan on using it as a booster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View Post

I am buying the S1 by Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 Convertible Car Seat today because it goes from rear facing (which I need right now because she is 8 mo. old) to 100 lbs. It also got good ratings.  However i hear they are very large but I am not worried because I have a Jeep Commander.

CPST
#6 of 7 Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM

We used to have a Safety 1st Alpha Omega but when our son outgrew the height limit for rear-facing I did research. I was shocked to find the poor ratings it got as a booster seat. Maedze is right. Read more here: http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr101311.html

What's worse is that when I contacted the company about the issue they simply stonewalled me. It was such poor customer service that I'm tempted to refrain from buying any Safety 1st product ever!

For the carseat, we bought a Diono Radion and we're very happy with it. It's a great, very safe seat! http://us.diono.com/en/car-seats/radian-rxt

#7 of 7 Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 AM

I bought the Easy Fit for my mom's small car.  I think it's an ok seat, but my dd found the seam where the upper & lower portions connect to be very uncomfortable.  There is no extra cushion to use to make it more comfortable either.  My dd was at the exact height that her head rested on the seam, and she refused to sit in it.  We bought a Diono Radian instead.

Mama to Paisley (3/07) & Violet (12/10) and wife to my Piggy-love. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page