Need Help with Install in 2007 Murano - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am trying to install 3 across in a 2007 Murano.  I am having trouble installing the first seat, a Boulevard, RF in the center position.  The center seat belt attaches to the ceiling and I am having difficulty getting it to lock.  Is there a trick here?

I hope to be able to fit two keyfits- one one each outboard position as well, but would consider turning the Boulevard FF if necessary to fit all 3. I would also consider the keyfits side-by-side and the Boulevard outboard if necessary.  

Anyone able to help?

OH, and one more thing.  Do I really have to leave the rear seats fully upright (not reclined a bit)? Even if I can get a tight install??

Me and DH, parents to:

DD1 (06/09), Twin DD2 and DS1 (born 3/12- 6 weeks early due to IUGR)

#2 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 AM

on the recline- read your manual- that's going to vary.  On my sienna, for latch install in the captains chairs or back row it wants 5 clicks reclined.  

#3 of 5 Old 02-16-2012, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks.  I got the belt to lock, but I still can't get a tight install in the center seat.  I'm not sure if its the strange seatbelt that connects to the ceiling or if it's because I'm in my 3rd tri with twins, lol. 

Me and DH, parents to:

#4 of 5 Old 02-18-2012, 10:31 AM

I have a 2004 Murano, but pretty sure the rear center seat belt is the same. It's frustrating to say the least.

I've been able to get good installs in the center seat with various seats, including a rear facing Boulevard, but in order to do so I had to get in the seat and put tons of pressure on it while also pulling on the seat belt to get it tight and locked. You really need two people in order to get it done. I pulled out the seat belt all the way and had my DH hold the excess to prevent it from retracting while I threaded and connected it. Once I had it connected and put pressure in the seat, he let go and I was able to retract the belt to tighten it. 

#5 of 5 Old 02-18-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch!  It is very helpful to know from someone who has installed in the same vehicle that it just takes more work.  I guess now is as good of a time as ever to teach DH how to install the seat properly, so I will enlist his help to get it tight. thumb.gif

Me and DH, parents to:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page