How Can I Choose Good And Safe Catering Tableware? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My father's birthday will come soon. I want to have a big party and invite some relatives to celebrate , but there are lots of things to think about. There aren't enough tableware in our house, so I should buy some catering tableware for the party. I want to buy some good ones both beautiful and in good quality which is safe to the health. I saw the ones on the page http://www.biodegradabletableware.com.cn/products/PE-lamination.htm .But it is not easy to find if these ones are good, or I should buy some in the supermarket? Thanks for your ideas.

#2 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM

I consider myself pretty safety- and ecologically-minded, but I wouldn't spend too much time stressing over which disposable plates to use for a party.  Buy the ones you like the looks of, and have a good time.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Do you (or a friend) compost?  Can you throw paper trash in with yard trash?  Do you have a wood burning stove/fireplace where you can burn paper products? 

I would skip anything with a plastic coating, because that coating makes it take far longer to decompose.  But something like a simple Chinet paper plate, which if you fill with water will soak through in about 10 minutes, will decompose with no difficulty, and yet still be sturdy enough to stand up to a fork and knife. 

I think what you're planning on doing with the plates afterwards though needs also to be considered, since just putting them in a plastic bag and hauling them to the landfill doesn't solve anything. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#4 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your ideas!

I'll think about it carefully. And we should protect the environment at any time.eat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page