Graco my ride 65 loose straps - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been looking at car seats and read that a bunch of reviews that say the straps are loose on the my ride even after much pulling and attempts at tightening them.  Some said that if you took out the infant insert that solved the problem and some said it did not and you had to get back behind the seat and pull the straps from back there and then pull from the front ( or something along those lines, it was a little unclear), I was wondering if anyone here has had that experience with the seat.

It wouldn't stop me from getting the seat because I will be using it for my 3 year old and can take out the infant insert (if that solves the problem) and could always buy the new baby a different seat when she outgrows her bucket seat. WEould love some feedback on this issue.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#2 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 06:31 PM

We have the My Ride & I've never had an issue with tightening the straps. I never used the infant insert though, we used it from 9mos to now (age 3). You do need to use one hand to pull from the back & one to pull the tab in front but it's very easy, easier than our previous seat actually. Plus once you get the straps right there's really no need to adjust them (unlike the infant seat we had where I to loosen & tighten the straps each time I put him in). I am happy with the seat overall, the only 'complaint' I have is that it's a very wide seat, so on the rare occasion I have 3 people in the back seat, it's a very very tight fit.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#3 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I haven't had this issue with mine either, and I've used it with and without the insert.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#4 of 4 Old 03-19-2012, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback...and as for wide seats, I am quite used to that using the large britax that still 5 point harness a 9 year old. LOL. Once the new baby is born we will get no extra people in our van.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page