True Fit Premier help please! *pic* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I have an 18 lb. 7.5 month old DD. She is not liking being so reclined in her infant seat anymore so I am looking for the perfect convertible. I need one for my mom's car (Nissan Murano) and one for my husband's Ford F150 truck. After doing some research I decided to try the True Fit Premier. It came in today and I installed it in my mom's car. I have it in the middle with the seatbelt. My first question is do I have the angle right? Does this look like 35 degrees? It still seems pretty reclined to me. I guess I was just expecting a convertible to be more upright.

photo.JPG

My next question is will this carseat even fit in the Murano once I put the headrest on? Will the carseat go more upright then or will it always be at a 35 degree angle when RF?

Is this a good carseat for my husband's truck. DD seemed comfy in it today. I can't decide if I should order another TFP for him or try something else.  Or maybe use the TFP for my husband's truck and get something else for the Murano? What I loved about this one was the high shell and high weight limit for extended RF and FF. I would like to keep her RF until 4 if possible! Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks for any and all help with this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My tfp is much more upright in my Honda civic, but I guess each car can give a different angle.

As far as lasting till 4yr. I would think that might be pushing the 35lb rf limit. I have a large kid and hoping to get to 3 rf, knowing 4will be impossible.

I went with the seat as I couldn't get a newborn recline with a radian, but since you are past that, or at,east very close, you might try a radian

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#3 of 9 Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 AM

You can definitely go more upright with that. Try pushing near wear the baby's feet would be while you're tightening the belt.

I have two lightweight kids and my 4 year old definitely still fits RF, with room to spare. And has a ton of room FF. It's a really nice tall seat and your baby's weight gain will slow once she starts moving.

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#4 of 9 Old 04-26-2012, 04:16 AM

How far out underneath that seat is the vehicle seat extending? Can you indicate with a mark on the picture?

CPST
#5 of 9 Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedze View Post

How far out underneath that seat is the vehicle seat extending? Can you indicate with a mark on the picture?

Let me check and I will let you know! Does it look like it might not be enough?

#6 of 9 Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM

It's hard to tell from the picture because I can't see the actual seat edge, but if it ends where I'm roughly guesstimating, the seat will have to be moved :-) 

CPST
#7 of 9 Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

I just adjusted it this morning and got a closer, much better fit. i didn't realize I had the recline foot down which was preventing me from getting a good angle and from getting closer to the back seat. Here is a pic of where the vehicle seat ends. Is this enough room? 

photo.JPG

#8 of 9 Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 AM

Oh gosh, that's fine, my bad :-)

CPST
#9 of 9 Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Oh thank goodness! I was not looking forward to reinstalling that thing again!! Thank you so much for your help!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page