Rescue Facts wrap safe on carseat strap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-13-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I just found this product: http://www.rescuefacts.com/index.php

I would love to get one for each of DD's carseats as well as her diaper bag to alert rescue workers to her heart condition but you're not supposed to put anything on carseat straps that do not come with the carseat. So where else would be safe and noticable on the carseat?

Help!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#2 of 10 Old 05-13-2012, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Those look great. My 3yo has allergies and I would like something for her. 

Is your dd seat hooked in with a shoulder belt? I am thinking maybe just above the seat on the car belt might work, unless you have latch.

#3 of 10 Old 05-13-2012, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree, for a rf seat you should be able to put it on the seatbelt. If in a bucket carseat, possible over the handle.

For a ff seat, possible on the tether strap

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#4 of 10 Old 05-14-2012, 05:47 PM

Rescue Facts should not be worn on the chest area of any child's car seat, this could potentially pose a choking hazard if slippage occurred.  Please place the wrap securely on either the lap belt of the car seat or on the main car seat belt facing the door for easy detection by a first responder - Our number one goal is to save lives and precious minutes during an emergency - This is a fantastic product and the information contained inside is completely controlled by you. This also makes a GREAT fund raising product - raise money for your group or charity and give the folks something they really need and will help them - it's a win win product!

#5 of 10 Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordelia Hall View Post

Rescue Facts should not be worn on the chest area of any child's car seat, this could potentially pose a choking hazard if slippage occurred.  Please place the wrap securely on either the lap belt of the car seat or on the main car seat belt facing the door for easy detection by a first responder - Our number one goal is to save lives and precious minutes during an emergency - This is a fantastic product and the information contained inside is completely controlled by you. This also makes a GREAT fund raising product - raise money for your group or charity and give the folks something they really need and will help them - it's a win win product!

Sounds like you are affiliated with the company somehow. If we aren't supposed to use them on the carseat straps, can you please have pictures showing just that removed from the website? Thanks!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#6 of 10 Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

I think putting them on the car's seatbelts is my best bet. Thanks everyone!

#7 of 10 Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 PM

I'm not sure I understand the benefits of this kind of wrap when you can get a medic alert bracelet that is with them all the time, includes all the same information, and won't get separated from them at the hospital.

Medic Alert will store as much info as you want, and can be changed as often as you need to.  Paramedics are trained to look for it.  

I'm just curious. 

#8 of 10 Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Looks like you have to pay a yearly fee for Medic Alert. For our family that would be more than 200 a year. 

#9 of 10 Old 05-15-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

Looks like you have to pay a yearly fee for Medic Alert. For our family that would be more than 200 a year. 

I think you're right about medic alert charging a yearly fee, but there are other ways to get an engraved bracelet that would be a one-time fee. I'm not personally familiar with it, but if you don't need to write a long list of things, you could just get a bracelet with her diagnoses or allergy on it, put it on her wrist and it would get noticed.

#10 of 10 Old 05-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Do all of your children have such complicated medical histories that they need that?

To me the $20 a year to know that they'd have access to my child's medical records wherever he was (at the park, at school, riding in Grandma's car etc . . . ) and that they couldn't be separated from him in an emergency or mixed up with another person (e.g. he switched seats) was worth it.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page