Just installed my new Radian R120 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-22-2012, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone!

I just finished installing my new Radian R120. I had to replace a Swedish car seat we bought while living in Europe. I wish I could have kept it longer (even if it's illegal here) but it got damaged on our trip back to the USA. splat.gifSo all in all the install wasn't too bad, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way to make the seat angle a little bit higher. It's rear-facing for my 2 and a half year old DS and we have a GMC Yukon and the passenger seat is almost all the way forward.... I mean I know people can fit those in really small cars compare to mine. So what did I do wrong??? It probably be a perfect angle for the new baby coming in August, but for a toddler it seems too low and I do need more space in the front for when DH is driving. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

#2 of 6 Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Get a Diono Angle Adjuster. :)

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#3 of 6 Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I did order that :) Hopefully it will make a difference!

#4 of 6 Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I had to post a reply cause I just installed my angle adjuster and it didn't make a difference (maybe half an inch!). Should I be using the top tether or not? Cause it seems that when I tightened the strap the seat goes down even lower. Without the tether I would feel like the seat isn't safe enough for my son... So please let me know what you all think as we need to use the truck tomorrow. Thanks!

#5 of 6 Old 05-23-2012, 09:07 PM

The top tether when rf doesn't need to be ratched all the way super tight to my understanding.

#6 of 6 Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

alegna is right.  Just tighten some, but not enough that it is pulling down on the seat.

As it is, there are no studies about whether rfing tethering is safer or not, at this point it's really just a parental decision.  If it works better to not tether that is a perfectly safe option as well.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page