Safe to reuse a cover from used seat? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Would it be safe to buy a used seat, so I can use to cover as a spare to our existing one?

Buying a spare cover form Britax seems rediculously expensive, I could buy a new booster for about the same price! However I can find the same seat selling used locally for less then 1/4 of the price making the idea rather attractive but I don't want to risk doing something unsafe.

The seat is being used as a booster so we woudn't be resuing any harness or plastic parts, just the cover.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-09-2012, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In other words, you just want the used seat for the cover, nothing else, right?  Sure, that's fine :-)   In fact, sometimes people will sell just the covers.

If you buy the one you mentioned, you'll have the added bonus of getting a used seat of unknown origin out of circulation :-)

CPST
#3 of 3 Old 06-09-2012, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yup, just the cover. I want to be able to take along a spare for those mid journey accidents since the kiddo now objects to wearing pull ups for traveling.

Quote:
If you buy the one you mentioned, you'll have the added bonus of getting a used seat of unknown origin out of circulation :-)

I hadn't thought of it like that, so off to search ebay for a used car seat, something I never thought I would be doing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page