Safe to reuse a cover from used seat? - Mothering Forums
Family Safety > Safe to reuse a cover from used seat?
LaughingHyena's Avatar LaughingHyena 03:03 AM 06-09-2012

Would it be safe to buy a used seat, so I can use to cover as a spare to our existing one?

Buying a spare cover form Britax seems rediculously expensive, I could buy a new booster for about the same price! However I can find the same seat selling used locally for less then 1/4 of the price making the idea rather attractive but I don't want to risk doing something unsafe.

The seat is being used as a booster so we woudn't be resuing any harness or plastic parts, just the cover.

Maedze's Avatar Maedze 06:01 AM 06-09-2012

In other words, you just want the used seat for the cover, nothing else, right?  Sure, that's fine :-)   In fact, sometimes people will sell just the covers.

If you buy the one you mentioned, you'll have the added bonus of getting a used seat of unknown origin out of circulation :-)

LaughingHyena's Avatar LaughingHyena 11:57 AM 06-09-2012

Yup, just the cover. I want to be able to take along a spare for those mid journey accidents since the kiddo now objects to wearing pull ups for traveling.

Quote:
If you buy the one you mentioned, you'll have the added bonus of getting a used seat of unknown origin out of circulation :-)

I hadn't thought of it like that, so off to search ebay for a used car seat, something I never thought I would be doing

Up