Chicco Keyfit 30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have this seat, and would you recommend it to others? I'm trying to decide which infant seat to purchase knowing that our little one will be born in winter and that we want a seat with a base so that we don't have to put him/her in a cold seat.

Mommy to Kait 1/1999 and expecting another awesome small person with my amazing husband joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 06:09 AM

The Keyfit installs well in almost all vehicles, is relatively easy to use, fits even small newborns well and will generally last 9-15 months for average sized babies.  It's on my 'generally recommended for most people' list :-) 

Because you mentioned winter time, I'll take the opportunity to remind you not to use buntings like the Bundle Me in your car seat, or place snowsuits or heavy jackets on your child when s/he is in the harness :-)

CPST
#3 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 AM

The Keyfit is a very  nice seat. The only drawback I find with it is that it usually causes parents to curse and swear at every other car seat they have to use after the Keyfit. It's probably the easiest car seat that you'll ever use.

(Of course this is not to say it's so easy you can skip thoroughly reading the manual - NO car seat is that easy). 

We ended up picking the Onboard Air because we liked the air protect cushions, but it was a very close call when we narrowed down our choice. The Keyfit was a close second, and I'm sure we would have been quite happy with it if we'd gone with it instead. 

~*~ Full time mom ~*~ Hobby Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ 

#4 of 7 Old 07-05-2012, 11:58 PM

I liked the Keyfit, but if I had it all to do over, I would have gotten the smaller version not the 30.  DD was a carseat screamer so we switched to a convertible @ 4 months, and she was only about 16lbs at that point, so we never got anywhere close to 30lbs. The 30lb one is MUCH heavier than the 22lb one, so I would have gotten the smaller lighter one because there was no point to having one that my child never came close to the weight limit on. 

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

#5 of 7 Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 AM

Love the Keyfit. It's so true, all others are inferior :(

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#6 of 7 Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM

The 30 lb Keyfit and the 22 lb Keyfit are identical in size and shape.  

CPST
#7 of 7 Old 07-08-2012, 10:40 PM

I have a Keyfit 30 and I love it!  It's so easy to install in any car I've ever tried it in, and it's a very cushy, well-padded seat.  My almost 11 month old is 90% for height, and still has plenty of growing room.  We got the "Graphica" one, and it came with a snap-on bunting.  LOVE.  In the winter time, we'd buckle her in snugly (no Bundle me's or any other after-market stuff around the buckles!), then tuck warm blankets around her, which were kept in place by the bunting.  It worked wonderfully.  The Graphica pattern is a little bit silvery.  The main part of the car seat itself is black, and sort of soft and suede-like.  Very pretty.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page