Would you buy a returned/repacked car seat? Found Britax Bsafe at Target for 56.99 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-13-2012, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Morning.

I was at Target the other day and found a Britax Bsafe for 56.99.   I was like WOAH DUDE!

I about RAN to the checkout -even when the cashier rang it up it rang full price but because I saw that golden (orange) sticker.. she gave it to me for 56.99

We are due with a SURPRISE in Feb and all of my infant seats will be expired by then.  I had planned on getting this seat or a chaperone closer to my due date but saw this and felt like it was meant to be.  

After I got it home, I realized it was a customer return.  The seat was in a plastic bag inside, neat and clean -the latch clips still clipped in the storage position.   What do you think?  Outside of writing the original owner a snail mail letter (her address is still on the box), I can't think of what to do.   I really think I am okay.. but what do you all think?

Former Special Ed Teacher  now SAHM mamma to 2 girls autismribbon.gif(4/06) and thumbsuck.gif (5/08) EBF via donor milk. Wife DH : Fur mamma to 2 pugs and 1 grey kitty - its a zoo around here!  pos.gif Feb 2013..Will you help feed our new blessing?winner.jpg

#2 of 3 Old 07-13-2012, 07:55 AM

I'd use it. If the latch clips werent even undone, its doubtful that it was ever used much. Did you take the cover off and make sure that nothing underneath it is cracked or not right?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 3 Old 07-13-2012, 02:13 PM

I would inspect it closely, and if the seat is used I would return it. But it may have simply been a gift or wasn't compatible with their stroller or otherwise been returned unused for any number of reasons.

If there's no sign that it's been used I'd keep it. 

~*~ Full time mom ~*~ Hobby Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page