Fitting a car seat in a Jetta - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-27-2012, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are due with baby #2 in January and I need a new car seat. We have a Jetta and a Tahoe, the Tahoe can fit any size car seat, the Jetta is small though and does not fit them very well. I am going to use an infant seat and then switch to a bucket seat when baby grows out of the infant. With first baby, we could put the car-seat in the middle of the back seat and it would recline to the correct angle without having to have DH sit so close to the dashboard that he was almost inside of it. With this baby that will not be an option. I also only have $100 or less to spend on this car seat. I have read lots and lots of posts here that say to get "x" car seat but mostly they seem to be over $100-  and most even over $150 and we just do not have that kind of money so I need some recommendations for safe seats, that I can afford, that will fit nicely in a 2001 Jetta. Last time we had a baby trend car seat and I HATED it. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 11:55 AM

For a infant carrier that is fairly short front to back and is under 100 dollars, I would suggest the Safety FIrst Comfy Carry Elite  (the one with the front adjust).   http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Comfy-Infant-Mystic/dp/B004WDYVXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343411646&sr=8-1&keywords=comfy+carry+elite

Once baby outgrows this seat and you buy a convertible, you can install the convertible more upright, which will also allow enough front to back room :-)

Hold old is your older child and what is s/he riding in?

CPST
Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply, that car seat does look ok, and I have seen it while trying to look for myself but everyone here always recommends different brands so I was worried this was not a good seat. My son is 3 1/2, weighs 39 lbs and is in a Safety First Alpha Omega Elite Convertible car seat. It fits in both of our cars so nice.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:36 PM

Picking a seat is more about what is appropriate for your car, your budget, and your child, and less about brands, because they are all safe :-)

That being said, what flavor of Alpha Omega Elite do you have?   What's the weight limit on the harness, 40 lbs, 50 lbs or 65 lbs?

CPST

User Tag List