Radian Shoulder Harness Question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a Radian XTSL for my almost 3 year old.  He is only 33 pounds.  I needed to wash his cover due to a jello accident - don't ask :)  He is rear facing and his straps were WAY down under his shoulders, the next step up they are just at his shoulders.

Reading the manual, it states, quote "ONLY use top three shoulder harness positions for forward facing child."  What does that mean?  I know it means you can't use the bottom two slots for forward facing child, but does it mean that you can't use the top three for rear facing??  He has been using the middle (3rd one from bottom and 3rd one from top for a long time now) slot and moving it up puts it on the second from top.  Does this mean he needs to be forward facing?....which he would be thrilled about, me, not so much!  Did I have him rear facing for too long?

Oh my head.  This car seat stuff gives me a headache!!

JoAnn Married almost 12 years to DH Chris.  DS1 01/05 DS2 09/09 DS3 05/12.

#2 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Called the company.  You can use any harness height while rear facing, only the top three forward facing.  DS2 is very upset...he heard me on the phone and is screaming that he wants to sit forward...oy.

JoAnn Married almost 12 years to DH Chris.  DS1 01/05 DS2 09/09 DS3 05/12.

#3 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Well, glad you got that sorted out! :) Yes, at or below for rear facing, any height on the shell. For FF, there is no way your kid could be big enugh to FF if the straps were above the shoulder at the lower levels. Make sense?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page